Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifying the AC Jack Stand- get involved!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007 | 09:56 AM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Default Modifying the AC Jack Stand- get involved!!

Since the flat top stands are so much more useful (and not available at this time) I have found a supplier of 3" diameter 1/4" thick still "disks". Cost is $8.00 per pair plus shipping. This is the same thickness as the steel "U" shape that we currently have. Take your existing posts and the disks to your nearby welder and have them cut off the "U" and replace with a disk. Three inches is the diameter of a hockey puck (this can be epoxied on) or you can used them with the Rennline plate shown here. The ID of the Rennline piece is about 3 1/8" so this can be used with those as well. From what I have gathered, this is the best solution to our needs.

Please let me know via e-mail if you are interested
ssarchi@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-06-2007 | 10:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to modify the U type of AC jack stand to a flat type with some sort of rubber or Urethane padding. Not really that big of a deal. Shoot, I could have bitchin complete stands made, here in-house.
Old 11-06-2007 | 12:07 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Pix of final product?
Old 11-06-2007 | 12:30 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
If there is enough interest, I would be willing to modify the U type of AC jack stand to a flat type with some sort of rubber or Urethane padding. Not really that big of a deal. Shoot, I could have bitchin complete stands made, here in-house.
I'm into it if you're involved Chris!
Old 11-06-2007 | 12:53 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

All I am doing is obtaining the 3" disks- the supplier has a minimum order of what turned out to be 5 pairs. Two pairs are spoken for. As soon as I get my pair (ordered today) I will take them over to the local welder.
But if Chris wants to do the fabrication for you guys you can have the disks sent to him. Makes no difference where I mail them to.
Old 11-09-2007 | 08:49 AM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

I have received the disks and there are two pairs left if anyone is interested.....

8.00 plus paypal and shipping to you from MI
Old 11-13-2007 | 04:20 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Anyone???????? (Besides the two guys who already bought- thanks....)
Old 11-14-2007 | 01:40 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

I am not really clear on what it is that you are selling / suggesting, and I would bet that I am not the only one. Do you have a picture of the final result in use to help clarify?
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:29 AM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Jeff-

I am selling pairs of 3" diameter 1/4" thick steel "disks"- the reason for the sale is that there was a minimum that was required to buy and I have extra pairs.

They are to be used to modify the AC hydraulic "U" shaped jack stands. One takes the stand's shafts to a welder and has them cut off the "U" and then has the disks welded in lieu of the "U". Then one can place a hockey puck on top of the disk and use them as a flat top jack stand. A/C makes flat top stands but they are not currently available. Here is a link to AC's site: http://www.ac-hydraulic.com/Default....tlist&catid=51

I do not have a photo of the modified stand as mine are not complete as of yet.
Old 11-14-2007 | 02:06 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ssarchi
Jeff-

I am selling pairs of 3" diameter 1/4" thick steel "disks"- the reason for the sale is that there was a minimum that was required to buy and I have extra pairs.

They are to be used to modify the AC hydraulic "U" shaped jack stands. One takes the stand's shafts to a welder and has them cut off the "U" and then has the disks welded in lieu of the "U". Then one can place a hockey puck on top of the disk and use them as a flat top jack stand. A/C makes flat top stands but they are not currently available. Here is a link to AC's site: http://www.ac-hydraulic.com/Default....tlist&catid=51

I do not have a photo of the modified stand as mine are not complete as of yet.
Thanks Steve, that clears things up a bit. So the picture in the first post is something that mounts to the car and then goes down over the 3" disks?

Quick Reply: Modifying the AC Jack Stand- get involved!!