Sponsored by:

heater works on one side, not the other

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM
germanautoworks
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater works on one side, not the other

My 95 C2 cab is having an issue with the heater. Driving to work today the heater works great on the passenger side, defrost, footwell and center dash vents, however the drivers side dash vent, defrost and footwell is blowing cold air. I played with the control unit sliding ***** and it is directing the air up and down ok but I cant get any heat out of the drivers side. I'm in Minneapolis and its sure not getting any warmer this time of year. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Flapper is stuck or burned out. See this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/94233-climate-control-unit-heat-all-of-the-time.html
Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
germanautoworks
Track Day

Thank you RallyJon. I had replaced a blower motor on my previous porsche (86 Cab) in the drivers side footwell years ago. This looks like a DIY project also. The thread you have sent makes it look relatively simple. Thanks again.

Steve
Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I did the passenger footwell one. Note that the 964 motor can also be used, you just need to press out the shaft and use the 993 one in its place. I got a used 964 servo from Vertex for about half their price for a new one.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
germanautoworks
Track Day

I just went out and reached over the driver side kick panel, felt the vent tube and jiggled it, pounded the panel a few times and now its works!! I think it was stuck. I then turned down the heat and it seems to be working both ways now. Thanks again!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by germanautoworks
I just went out and reached over the driver side kick panel, felt the vent tube and jiggled it, pounded the panel a few times and now its works!! I think it was stuck. I then turned down the heat and it seems to be working both ways now. Thanks again!

Ah the "if it doesn't work, hit it with a bigger hammer" approach, glad it was easy to fix and you don't have to freeze this winter.

ZP44

Quick Reply: heater works on one side, not the other