993 Forum 1995-1998

No M30 Suspension in a Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
User 121721
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No M30 Suspension in a Cab?

Hi everyone, I have a 98 C4 Cab and recently went to visit a friend in Mississippi who had put the M30 suspension on his 96 C2 coupe.

I drove the p*** out of his car and I loved the way it felt -- so my friend referred me to Brumos Porsche where he purchased his setup -- anyway I called them and found out he had gotten the M30 suspension from them. However -- when I tried to order the set, the parts manager told me Porsche advises the M30 suspension is not suitable for Cabs, and his dealership would not install the suspension in my car!! (not that I was going to have them do it anyway). I have read several stories of members here putting sport suspensions on their cabs -- does this mean that one is somehow damaging their car by doing so (loosening the frame or something)?

I bought the car new, it has 44k on the clock and feels the same to me as when I bought it, however not nearly as good as my friend's car. The ride height doesn't bother me, in fact I think I prefer the ride height as it is over the lowered look -- I guess that makes me weird, huh?

Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome. FWIW, the parts guy I spoke to at Brumos had been working there for 30 years, sounded like he was truly representing the official Porsche company line...

Mark
Old 10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Scheurer
Hi everyone, I have a 98 C4 Cab and recently went to visit a friend in Mississippi who had put the M30 suspension on his 96 C2 coupe.

I drove the p*** out of his car and I loved the way it felt -- so my friend referred me to Brumos Porsche where he purchased his setup -- anyway I called them and found out he had gotten the M30 suspension from them. However -- when I tried to order the set, the parts manager told me Porsche advises the M30 suspension is not suitable for Cabs, and his dealership would not install the suspension in my car!! (not that I was going to have them do it anyway). I have read several stories of members here putting sport suspensions on their cabs -- does this mean that one is somehow damaging their car by doing so (loosening the frame or something)?

I bought the car new, it has 44k on the clock and feels the same to me as when I bought it, however not nearly as good as my friend's car. The ride height doesn't bother me, in fact I think I prefer the ride height as it is over the lowered look -- I guess that makes me weird, huh?

Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome. FWIW, the parts guy I spoke to at Brumos had been working there for 30 years, sounded like he was truly representing the official Porsche company line...

Mark
That's just pure BS. Find somebody that values your business and knows what they are doing and enjoy your Cab improved suspension and handling.

I have a Bilstein/H&R setup on my Cab and haven't had any issues. There are many others here with M30 setups on their Cabs and loving it.

Part of the extra weight on the Cabs comes with all the extra stiffening made to the chasis.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Me, I'm one who has the M030/Bilstein HD setup in my cab and I have been very happy so far.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

One more HD/M030 cab - I think there was a TSB clearing white cabs for this setup.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe originally Porsche never offered the M030 option for the cab fearing the stiff suspension will cause noise complaints which will result in more warranty claims. I believe after all the warranty ended they don't care anymore. Some dealers are still not up to date on the originally reason the M030 was not offered as an option thinking that it is tabooed forever.

There are plenty of cab owners with the M030 setup without any problems.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the M030 w/bilsteins and the upgraded sways and it was fine.

mike
Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Another M030/HD cab owner...

The car rocks with this setup; go for it...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: No M30 Suspension in a Cab?