OT: more people should order 911's like this

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
I will agree that if 993's never existed that I would have probably owned a 996. However, since the good lord gave The Porsche boys the talent to design the 993 as a "holdover" from the 964 until the 996 could be built, we all got our dream cars!!

I had a 996 TT walk up to me the other day, and actually say, "Oh my god!. Man ,what year is that Porsche? 1996? God, that is soooo beautiful. I have never seen one like that before!! Dude, I gotta tell ya, I love my car but man that thing is simply awesome". Kinda makes you feel like you made the right choice after all. And that came from a guy who also has a Ferrari and a Maserati Quattroporte on order. I rest my case. Pure, classic style is undeniable.
so...why do you feel so insecure about it...?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cabrio993
The 996 is ugly enough...it didn't need any help with those interior colors.
+1
Old 10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikestash
A nectarine over nephrite green (with red accents) 996.

While I don't care for this exact color combo, I dig the concept. An early 70's (and classic) 911 color on a modern car. And a crazy interior (but better for someone color blind).

I dig crazy colors. If anyone ever comes across an extra 993 in an early 70's color, let me know. I know, I know, I should get in line since there is a plethora of mexico, turquoise, riviera, conda, signal, kelly, viper 993's out there.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...TAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Warning. Do not have any liquid in your mouth when you look at the interior shots. The liquid will end up on the keyboard after travelling through your nose.

But, you gotta give the guy credit - he knew what he liked and did something about it.
I have seen that car. One of the worst color combinations ever. Tough sell to say the least
Old 10-26-2007, 10:33 PM
leonardjohnr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like someone lost a bet...
Old 10-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Touche, Zico.

Truth be known, I need no one's approval of my car, but you probably already knew that.

Having said that, to receive a comment is nice and simply makes you feel good. The fact that it came from the owner of a newer, supposedly faster, 911 Turbo basically saying he preferred my car over his own, well that's even better.

All 911's are great in my opinion (except for the one that started this thread). I just prefer some over others. I do love the new 997 GT2 and GT3. Might have one in my future, but it will always be hard to let go of this car.

I have ridden in a 996 GT2 and it's awesome. Never ridden in 996 GT3 though...I'll bet it's a kick in the pants!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Touche, Zico.

Truth be known, I need no one's approval of my car, but you probably already knew that.

Having said that, to receive a comment is nice and simply makes you feel good. The fact that it came from the owner of a newer, supposedly faster, 911 Turbo basically saying he preferred my car over his own, well that's even better.

All 911's are great in my opinion (except for the one that started this thread). I just prefer some over others. I do love the new 997 GT2 and GT3. Might have one in my future, but it will always be hard to let go of this car.

I have ridden in a 996 GT2 and it's awesome. Never ridden in 996 GT3 though...I'll bet it's a kick in the pants!
ha!...Robert...I was just teasing you..but I see you have lots of fair play. I take my hat off to you sir.

Quick Reply: OT: more people should order 911's like this