Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

How to remove covers for sunroof mechanism?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question How to remove covers for sunroof mechanism?

Hey all,

I'm trying to remove the cardboard/foam covers that protect the sunroof mechanism. In searching, all the procedures I find for this simply say, "unscrew the screws and remove the covers." However, I'm looking at what seems to be a plastic T-30 screw head, which spins and spins, but neither unthreads nor threads, so I can't get the covers off! What gives?

Do people have the same kind of fasteners for their covers? If not, why am I special, and how can I get these ^*@#$*@% things off?

Thanks!

- Dave
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Reuben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

Don't despair - you're on the right track. The foam-backed panels pop off, but pry them off carefully as they are liable to crumble. If you're anywhere near Princeton, drop by and I'll be happy to lend a hand.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Reuben
Don't despair - you're on the right track. The foam-backed panels pop off, but pry them off carefully as they are liable to crumble. If you're anywhere near Princeton, drop by and I'll be happy to lend a hand.
Thanks for the reply Reuben. I will be gone a few days, but will give this a shot when I get back. If it doesn't work, I'll definitely be giving you a holler!

- Dave
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Thanks to Reuben's tip, I was able to pop the fasteners out with a small panel tool (so as not to damage the panel itself). Who knows why I didn't think of this last week, but hey, that's what Rennlist is for!

- Dave

Quick Reply: How to remove covers for sunroof mechanism?