Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired Of Your Motorsound Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:46 PM
quasr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tired Of Your Motorsound Mufflers?

Looking to pick up a set of Motorsound mufflers. Anyone replaced theirs with something else and want to let a pair go? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Pan58
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Robin Sun's RSR I just install a set on my 993 they sound great..

http://p-car.com/exhaust/
Old 10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
quasr
Racer

Default Motorsound

I am opting for the Motorsounds because I believe they will be quieter than the RSR or LPMM modifications. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Pan58
Instructor

I took off the motor sound ones , but these are not loud at all give the car a great Porsche sound , the wife like them so the cannot be that bad.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
quasr
Racer

Default Mufflers

Unless the Youtube clips are wrong, seems all are a little too loud. I want an amplified stock sound which spells Motorsound, I guess. Thanks though.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

might have a set of rsr from my c4s for sale soon.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quasr
Unless the Youtube clips are wrong, seems all are a little too loud. I want an amplified stock sound which spells Motorsound, I guess. Thanks though.
I'm trying to figure out how to tell from the YouTube clips what each muffler really sounds like.

There are too many variables in the way in which the sound was recorded and the way in which the sound is reproduced on your computer.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smiles
I'm trying to figure out how to tell from the YouTube clips what each muffler really sounds like.

There are too many variables in the way in which the sound was recorded and the way in which the sound is reproduced on your computer.
+1 Smiles. It is VERY hard to tell from the youtube clips how loud the various options really are. Sometimes that is all you have to go on but if at all possible, your best bet is to hear them in person. I've heard the various options first hand, many times.

The 2" bypass mod is not even close to "loud"... but it is very much dependant upon your personal opinion. RSRs are even less "loud". Motorsounds are a very subtle difference from the standard mufflers.

There are many threads here on the various opinions. You can go crazy trying to decide!
This is a bolt-on change that can be reversed by selling the modified mufflers and buying a non-modified set. Pretty easy to reverse IF you don't like the change.

I suspect you could sell the modified set right here to someone with stock mufflers without too much trouble and do a swap.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the LPMM's and I have to agree with MarkD. My wife doesnt complain at all. It is just throatier.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:33 PM
quasr
Racer

Thanks for the response. A while back I picked up some Motorsounds and enjoyed them for a while. I have since moved on to Robin's RSR's and am well pleased.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Oops, didnt realize how old the thread was when I responded......
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Oops, didnt realize how old the thread was when I responded......
Smiles was looking for info and revived it... so it was old but still valid
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Smiles
Pro

I apologize for bringing back such an old post, but it is helpful to me.

Thanks for the response. A while back I picked up some Motorsounds and enjoyed them for a while. I have since moved on to Robin's RSR's and am well pleased.
quasr, could you tell me what you thought about the Motorsounds and why you switched to RSRs? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
quasr
Racer

I found the Motorsounds to be only slightly louder than the stock mufflers. I was still looking for a deeper sound without the resonance and popping I had read Rennlister's remark about from the LPMM's. The RSR's are stock perfect in design and sound. Not a "single" pop on deceleration and no resonance whatsoever. The RSR's have the great deeper sound I was looking for. Sort of took a chance based on the price comparison between the RSR's and the LPMM's but am glad I did. Perfectly satisfied. I know there are a lot of satisfied customers of the LPMM's though and I am certainly not knocking them. A friend picked up a pair and I found them to be just a bit loud for my taste. That was just my personal preference. Best of luck with whichever ones you choose.

P.S. I have a set of Motorsounds I purchased from another Rennlister that I would part with for a reasonable price...
Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Smiles
Pro

Thank you, quasr. I'd take you up on the offer, but I already have Motorsound. But thank you very much for the post.

Based on my research so far, I'm leaning towards the RSR option, but perhaps a smaller diameter LPMM with just a touch of popping on deceleration would work.

Is there anyone who has decided that the LPMM mod is too much, and have switched to RSRs?

Thanks!

Matt

Quick Reply: Tired Of Your Motorsound Mufflers?