Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 C4S mod suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a C4S. I thought my shift felt very precise, but was a little long so I looked into this. The short shifts required modifying the cover plate underneath the car (on the C4S only) -- actually beating a dent into it. I didn't do it.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
RDG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses that actually answered my question. For those of you that felt compelled to self rightiously comment about my speedo pic - you sound like pussies. Please go sell your cars (no doubt "concours winners) and go buy something else.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,430 Likes on 827 Posts

Originally Posted by RDG
Thanks for the responses that actually answered my question. For those of you that felt compelled to self rightiously comment about my speedo pic - you sound like pussies. Please go sell your cars (no doubt "concours winners) and go buy something else.
not the best attitude to have if you want to stick around here.

Many people on this site have thousands of track miles under their belts, and probably beat on their cars regularly.

But they don't speed excessively on public roads, they don't take cell phone pics at 150+mph, and they don't endanger other people.

So why not just say, "thank you all for your concern, and yes, you're right, I shouldn't have been messing with a camera at that speed. I was just excited about my new car."
Old 10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
RDG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
not the best attitude to have if you want to stick around here.

Many people on this site have thousands of track miles under their belts, and probably beat on their cars regularly.

But they don't speed excessively on public roads, they don't take cell phone pics at 150+mph, and they don't endanger other people.

So why not just say, "thank you all for your concern, and yes, you're right, I shouldn't have been messing with a camera at that speed. I was just excited about my new car."

I really don't need a lecture from you or anyone else. I asked a technical question. If you don't have an answer please don't respond. Again, for the record, it was an empty road in the middle of MT so please don't tell me about how "unsafe" it was. It wasn't.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:06 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RDG
Grow up dude.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
eivind911
Intermediate

RDG - I am new to this forum too - but more active on pelicans since I usually have older 911's

Safety is a big concern.
I am located in Norway - Europe which actually is a little similar to Seattle in some ways. Most back roads here will be almost track like and hardly any cars and police - this is where I get my share of fun - not because of high speeds, but to get the most out of the car - and if something should go wrong, only I will take the "beating"

I must admit every year I visit CA I am always amazed on the road conditions/visibilty/wideness etc which practically invites to higher speeds - well, except for the fact of other drivers (drunk & sober... police etc and of course the overall safety. Compared to europe LA traffic is some of the fastest moving downtown traffic I have experienced - when it is not clogged up which sometimes fells like 80% of the time

Just got my 3.8 back from the shop (964 C4) and must admit that after breaking in I went even faster than you did here in Norway (both hands and no pics....) at night time weekday. I do use my cars - and unfortunately we don't have any good tracks to speak of in my area, or in the country in general

Back to the front licenseplate - I do know that in England the sticker like one is popular and available - maybe check out here www.design911.co.uk

I am also in the search for a 993 C2S - and mods on my list will be PSS9 - BBS LM or similar wheels - sport seats - and if I'll keep it for a looong time - do the 3.8 upgrade the whole way (intake/cams++)
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few months ago someone posted a picture of the interior of a Porsche that had been traveling at more than 150 MPH and hit a bird. The bird hit the center of the windshield between the driver and passenger seat-not a pretty sight. Had the bird hit the windshield directly in front of the drivers face his/her surgery (had he/she survived) would have been to remove glass fragments and possibly a birds beak from his/her cerebellum. And yet you would suggest that diving at that speed is perfectly safe?

My suggestion to you would be to consider your first modification not being on the car. Perhaps a change in your attitude....
Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by RDG
Rob,

It isn't about being a ***** or not and nobody is being self rightious, we're just saying that at that speed, to take your hand off the wheel is one thing, but to take your focus away and setup the phone to go into camera mode and focus on the speedo is another thing. You are new here and we are a welcoming bunch, but to come off the way you did calling some of us pussies who should sell our cars ain't cool.

Look, we've all driven past the speed limit to different degrees, most don't post photos. If you do a search, you may find that some folks have gotten busted by the cops after the fact due to videos/photos that the driver has taken or had taken by a friend.

Regardless, welcome to Rennlist and let the mods begin!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Only 145mph? Oh, its silver, that explains it.

Last edited by 95 C4 993; 10-02-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

pretty impressive... "look mom no hands at 148..." nice car though
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
pewter82
Drifting

RDG , your speedo pic would be a cool avaitor....just my 2 cents
Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
texas911
Race Car

I guess Jonathan really did sell his 993.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't say what year your C4S is ? You can chip a '97 or '98 easily. Talk to this guy about it....he's one of the best. (Steve Weiner)

http://www.rennsportsystems.com/

If you have a '96...its an expensive proposition as you need to replace the entire ECU to chip. Not worth the $$ for the gain.

Lots of muffler options out there....here again---another board favorite. Don't expect much if anything in hp gains, but the sound is glorified immensely.

http://www.p-car.com/

You're right, this is a technical forum and all agree the 993 can do 148mph and then some. We don't need an infantile egomaniac taking pictures of his speedo for proof.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by RDG
I really don't need a lecture from you or anyone else.
Then, perhaps I could suggest a good spanking and/or soapy mouth wash?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Only 145mph? Oh, its silver, that explains it.

Rob,
nice car, good choice in model and color ...enjoy it and try not to kill yourself.

I think you should upgrade the muffler tips, as the stock ones make our cars look like "pussies".....

if your mufflers are stock, change em...you will not regret it!

Quick Reply: 993 C4S mod suggestions?