Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring diagram - relay carrier in engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007 | 11:48 PM
Doug49
Rennlist Member

Default Need wiring diagram - relay carrier in engine

I need to find a place to tap 12V in the engine compartment to power the lights on a tire trailer. It looks like the wiring harness that runs up into the bottom of the relay carrier is the likely place. Can someone with a wiring diagram tell me which of the wires from the 3 connectors is a good candidate (either switched or unswitched 12V with enough capacity to run trailer taillights).

Thanks for any guidance,
Old 10-02-2007 | 08:02 AM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Default schematics

Originally Posted by Doug49
I need to find a place to tap 12V in the engine compartment to power the lights on a tire trailer. It looks like the wiring harness that runs up into the bottom of the relay carrier is the likely place. Can someone with a wiring diagram tell me which of the wires from the 3 connectors is a good candidate (either switched or unswitched 12V with enough capacity to run trailer taillights).

Thanks for any guidance,

The whole car's schematics free for the asking:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/370789-tsb-s-and-wiring-diags-on-line.html

Ken
Old 10-02-2007 | 12:34 PM
Doug49
Rennlist Member

Ken,
Great! In all the archive searching I did, I didn't find the reference to the schematics. Should be what I need.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2007 | 06:49 PM
Doug49
Rennlist Member

I think I've learned a few things from the wiring diagrams and the wiring harness TSB (not being any sort of expert). Anyone please let me know if any of this is wrong.
1. The wiring harness that enters the bottom of the relay carrier is a bad place for my 12V trailer connection. I gather that the engine wiring harness unplugs from the carrier and the whole harness goes out with the engine if (when) the engine needs to be dropped. So, connecting something that doesn't go with the engine is not a good idea.
2. It appears that the main 12V power to this relay carrier comes in via the engine wiring harness from the starter connection? If I can find where this goes inside the relay carrier, that would be a good place to get 12V.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Need wiring diagram - relay carrier in engine