Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by canysmc
What cha talkin 'bout boy?
Yup. Found out I have a wedding conflict (no..not mine) which I thought was supposed to be 6pm, but is actually 11am.

Will meet and greet ya guys at the spot and hopefully go for a few miles of driving before I head back.

Let's shoot for a 7:00am meeting time at MMC. Promise I won't be late this time.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Great, see you at 7:00 - BTW - I am actually, I am flying in from Dublin, Ireland.
Talk about D-E-D-I-C-A-T-I-O-N!

Originally Posted by George Huang
Arrwin and Bob, I will try like hell to make it... will be out of town on Saturday... will try to get back early...

+1 for lunch if I can attend.

George
Hope you will be able to make it. Can't wait to see your new toy. Got you down for lunch.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd option would be to meet at the South Street Seaport if there are more people from the East Side of Manhattan.

Google Maps 1 hour 3 minutes from SSS to Meeting Spot
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=17&iwloc=addr

3rd option would be just north of the SSS at the entrance ramp to FDR Drive North-Bound at Montgomery Street.

Will let consensus decide.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Google maps says 57 minutes from MMC to Meeting Spot.

Meeting Spot time is 7:45-8:30am.

Assuming we actually take 57 minutes to get to the Meeting Spot, that gives us a meeting time at MMC for 6:45-7:30am.

MMC
270 11th Avenue
NY, NY 10001
Between 27th and 28th Streets
2nd option would be to meet at the South Street Seaport if there are more people from the East Side of Manhattan.

Google Maps 1 hour 3 minutes from SSS to Meeting Spot

3rd option would be just north of the SSS at the entrance ramp to FDR Drive North-Bound at Montgomery Street.

Will let consensus decide.
Merged Posts.....for easier read
Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Yup. Found out I have a wedding conflict (no..not mine) which I thought was supposed to be 6pm, but is actually 11am.

Will meet and greet ya guys at the spot and hopefully go for a few miles of driving before I head back.

Let's shoot for a 7:00am meeting time at MMC. Promise I won't be late this time.

Nobody gets married on a Sunday at 11am.

Didn't your friends research the wedding bible and know that all weddings happen on saturdays at 2pm so after the ceremony you go striaght to the banquet so that you never never interfere with Arwin's P-Time??!!??

Where's the church? We'll make that the meet spot.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
RSR-Vlad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
RSR-Vlad,

Have you swapped motors since the last event? IIRC you said you were throwing some monster engine in to compliment all that beautiful CF work.
no, not yet, I maybe drove another 200 miles if that since the last meet

was very busy this year with my BMW projects...

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
I am driving up from LBI (no kidd'n just dedication). I am planing to leave my house at 4:45 and could meet you at 7:00 the Dunkin Donuts on on Route 9 right before the NJ Parkway. Picture:

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/googleearth_image.jpg
that sounds good but then we won't make it to the MMC in manhattan at 7 am.. hmmm.. unless we go straight from the Dunkin Donuts to teh meeting spot ?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSR-Vlad

that sounds good but then we won't make it to the MMC in manhattan at 7 am.. hmmm.. unless we go straight from the Dunkin Donuts to teh meeting spot ?
If you see the route on Google Maps link above from MMC to the Meeting Spot, it might not be worth it for you guys to get to MMC.....

Maybe you guys should pick a spot along the route in NJ since it calls for the route to go through Lincoln Tunnel......

Then whoever meets at MMC first could hookup with you guys enroute......

Last edited by IamSMC; 10-18-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

was very busy this year with my BMW projects...
Do tell......
Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Default Attention: GPS Users

Attention all GPS users:

In an effort to not lose anyone during the drive and for those with a GPS and directionally challenged, Chuck (aka 'Chuck A.') suggested to import the directions into a GPS beforehand during the the Summer Drive. For this drive, he has graciously mapped the route on his GPS unit and exported into various formats.

If you are interested in loading the route prior to the drive please send me an email @ arrwin_yipATmsn.com with the following info:
  1. Type of GPS you have
  2. Email Address
I will then attach the file in an email to you.

Here are the directions from Chuck on what you will need to do after you receive the file:

"Once you have this, you need to use your GPS software (that comes with the unit) to download the route from your PC to the GPS unit (usually via USB).

This probably won't work for people who have GPS built into their cars (e.g. Porsche NAV), but it should work for most external units like Garmin and Magellan."

Thanks.

Last edited by Arrwin; 10-17-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
RSR-Vlad
Intermediate

this is kind of OFF-TOPIC but here it is

interesting shots

before

after

here's the full thread with restoration pics on every page http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=675517

and I will post the pics of the DTM replica laater, here is the tease

Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that sounds good but then we won't make it to the MMC in manhattan at 7 am.. hmmm.. unless we go straight from the Dunkin Donuts to the meeting spot ?
Straight to the meeting spot was how I was planning it, dunno about the others. I certainly wasn't envisioning a side trip to Manhattan. We'll all meet up eventually, anyway.

- Dave
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

Attention all GPS users:

In an effort to not lose anyone during the drive and for those with a GPS and directionally challenged, Chuck (aka 'Chuck A.') suggested to import the directions into a GPS beforehand during the the Summer Drive. For this drive, he has graciously mapped the route on his GPS unit and exported into various formats.

If you are interested in loading the route prior to the drive please send me an email @ arrwin_yipATmsn.com with the following info:
  1. Type of GPS you have
  2. Email Address
I will then attach the file in an email to you.

Here are the directions from Chuck on what you will need to do after you receive the file:

"Once you have this, you need to use your GPS software (that comes with the unit) to download the route from your PC to the GPS unit (usually via USB).

This probably won't work for people who have GPS built into their cars (e.g. Porsche NAV), but it should work for most external units like Garmin and Magellan."

Thanks.
I would like to add that I can provide these file formats:

Garmin GPS ver. 1 & 2
MPS File
DXF file
GPS eXchange format

So instead of sending Arrwin which unit you have, it's probably better to specify which file your unit supports. This file will show up as a "route" when downloaded to your unit.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:03 PM
RSR-Vlad
Intermediate

Originally Posted by davesnothere
Straight to the meeting spot was how I was planning it, dunno about the others. I certainly wasn't envisioning a side trip to Manhattan. We'll all meet up eventually, anyway.

- Dave
ok-dok then, but I think we should meet up at the Donkin Donuts a little eralier then 7am ?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
NYC 993
Intermediate

Hey all, kinda new around here, but would love to do one of these, meet everyone and get some more ideas how to spend money on the car! I'll be there, can't convince the wife to get up that early for a drive, so just me. Can't wait!
-Jay
Old 10-17-2007, 11:17 PM
944kid
Banned

I[*]944Kid - 944
I wish! I'm bringing the Galant "RS."

I also plan on staying for the Brauhuas as well, I'm bringing a guest. I can't wait!

Quick Reply: Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th