Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boost Crazy
Seth,

Cool BAD *** truck!

Man I never thought i would actully say this - I miss my F-Truck. If only they were still available down here......

Apoliges for hte hijack Ken - BOL
Who cares about a hijack, we're moving over to TRUCK TALK!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomF
Hey Ken, I notice you have an F350 with the 6.0. I am looking for a replacement for my aging F150 and have heard that the 6.0 had some issues... Have you had any problems? I would like to get an 99-03 F250 or 350 with the 7.3 powerstroke. Any thoughts? This is primarily a truck for working on my massive house remodel. (The project is massive not the house...LOL) I need to haul 1500-2000lbs and or tow 6-8000 lbs trailers. My F150 has been great, but is tired and I need a bigger payload capacity, not to mention better fuel economy. I am getting only 6mpg hauling stuff, 10 empty. My truck is way underpowered with the little 302.
As I just mentioned: TRUCK TALK! My 6.0 has been basically fine for 70K miles. But I would NOT buy one out of warranty. Two turbos, and one EGR thing akin to our SAI OBD2 issues. And turbo-intercooler hoses blow off at the most inopportune times......5:30am on a Sunday morning last time I was heading up to the track 3 weeks ago.

Doubt you can go wrong with a 7.3. Sure to be one or two not beat to hell out there. All depends on the budget. With some of the prices on new trucks, a regular cab 250/2500 in the brand of your choice shouldn't break the bank. And given where diesel is, and where it never will be again (significantly less than premium, let alone regular, at least here in California) I'd probably do a gasser if I didn't have half a house in tow.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a car that sounds like it would fit your needs although it's Arena Red/Gray int. My wife really wanted a cab but now that she just bought a '07 BMW 328 Conv. I would like to get a 993 coupe.

This car is in good enough condition mechanically and cosmetically that I wish I could just add the roof to it but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. A few minor blems on the body but it's stuff you have to look for, they don't stand out.

'97, 6-speed, just a gnat's *** under 70k mi. Not had a CEL issue in the year I've had it. VERY rough guess on price would be 34 - 36k. If the color doesn't turn off let me know and I'll post photos on Gmail/Picasa.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-24-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,531 Likes on 2,288 Posts

ken, pm boris tesker. he has a SY cab for sale.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 341 Posts
Cool Mike Lederer's Cab...

As Chris Walrod writes, "Call Mike Lederer for his well prepared cab. Suspension, LWF, full high-end stereo, Euro front bumper plus a whole lot of other stuff I cannot think of at the moment."

Mike has a DAS-sport roll bar and some trick wheels I believe in addition to.....it is Polar Silver I believe.

This is a primo car...and Mike is a stand up guy...a man of his word who can be trusted. I'd trust him to take out my step-daughter...but unfortunately, she is too old for Mike by a few years.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin S.
As Chris Walrod writes, "Call Mike Lederer for his well prepared cab. Suspension, LWF, full high-end stereo, Euro front bumper plus a whole lot of other stuff I cannot think of at the moment."

Mike has a DAS-sport roll bar and some trick wheels I believe in addition to.....it is Polar Silver I believe.

This is a primo car...and Mike is a stand up guy...a man of his word who can be trusted. I'd trust him to take out my step-daughter...but unfortunately, she is too old for Mike by a few years.
It's silver and in LA. Have not ruled anything out though.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
ken, pm boris tesker. he has a SY cab for sale.
It's yellow and quite off the chart for where I put it on the value scale.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I have a car that sounds like it would fit your needs although it's Arena Red/Gray int. My wife really wanted a cab but now that she just bought a '07 BMW 328 Conv. I would like to get a 993 coupe.

This car is in good enough condition mechanically and cosmetically that I wish I could just add the roof to it but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. A few minor blems on the body but it's stuff you have to look for, they don't stand out.

'97, 6-speed, just a gnat's *** under 70k mi. Not had a CEL issue in the year I've had it. VERY rough guess on price would be 34 - 36k. If the color doesn't turn off let me know and I'll post photos on Gmail/Picasa.
It's ARENA RED! But you're umpteen thousand miles away! Sadly no need to do long distance purchases on drive around cars. Is it pretty unbelievable how much inventory there is going begging around here (meaning Nor Cal)?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've got an Iris Blue cab (a '95) and have been thinking of moving to a 997 GT3 ...

I don't know that mine fits your criteria though:
Fresh repaint to clean up 12 years of road related issues
Euro front and rear bumper covers for the looks
Regeared transmission replacing 2-6 (with stock 5th moved to 6th and shorter 2-5)
PSS-9 suspension
and a few other odds and ends. About 75k miles.

Might be a bit more than you want to pay.
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom W
Well, I've got an Iris Blue cab (a '95) and have been thinking of moving to a 997 GT3 ...

I don't know that mine fits your criteria though:
Fresh repaint to clean up 12 years of road related issues
Euro front and rear bumper covers for the looks
Regeared transmission replacing 2-6 (with stock 5th moved to 6th and shorter 2-5)
PSS-9 suspension
and a few other odds and ends. About 75k miles.

Might be a bit more than you want to pay.
Well, I have no idea what you want for it! More controlling is that it's probably a bit too modified for running up and down the freeway duty. But one of these rare/oddball colors IS what attracts me.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
luvmy356
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you see this listing in the member classifieds? its in the Bay area so you can check it out easily... https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/377668-1995-911-993-c2-cab-tiptronic-bk-bk.html
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey Ken,

Why don't I want a stacker trailer for two production vehicles? Also, I was not planning on going 5th wheel/goose neck. I was going to go with a bumber puller.

With the 2007 F-350 Dual Rear Wheel, Turbo D, I can easily pull over 15k lbs. That gives me plenty of margin for two production cars, spares, equipment, trailer, etc.
So I wonder why you advise against it?

I've never owned a trailer, so please, inform me...

Thanks,
B
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luvmy356
Did you see this listing in the member classifieds? its in the Bay area so you can check it out easily... https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377668
Thanks! Yes. Been all over Craiglist, seemingly for a long time. I've now (on the STRONG advice of others) ruled out a tip. No black/black. Driving my C4S around all over the place for almost 3 weeks now, a 6 speed isn't really an issue for me.

Anyway, lotta $$$ for a car that admittedly needs a top.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B-Line
Hey Ken,

Why don't I want a stacker trailer for two production vehicles? Also, I was not planning on going 5th wheel/goose neck. I was going to go with a bumber puller.

With the 2007 F-350 Dual Rear Wheel, Turbo D, I can easily pull over 15k lbs. That gives me plenty of margin for two production cars, spares, equipment, trailer, etc.
So I wonder why you advise against it?

I've never owned a trailer, so please, inform me...

Thanks,
B
Think center of gravity. You'll have to be over one foot taller than what I've got. Have you ever towed? Going from my 7K single car hauler to this is a monumental step up. I do NOT tow fast when fully loaded, barely over 55. You feel the thing every single %&^*%ing mile down the road. I'm not unhappy in the least I have it, don't get me wrong.

There are two factors that can temper my comments: 1. you have a dually, and 2. you don't have 70K miles. I'm putting new shocks and airbags on mine shortly, and we'll see if that brings it back a little more tolerable like it was when I first bought it and the truck had 50K miles.

And I do have a Titan class 5, etc. so everything is set up correctly.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:05 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Thanks! Yes. Been all over Craiglist, seemingly for a long time. I've now (on the STRONG advice of others) ruled out a tip. No black/black. Driving my C4S around all over the place for almost 3 weeks now, a 6 speed isn't really an issue for me.

Anyway, lotta $$$ for a car that admittedly needs a top.

I wont rule out a tip especially since you have other manuals. The tip aint no slouch and is nice to have here (DC..2nd worst in the country behind LA) in traffic, especially on the elevated on ramps.

Quick Reply: Who wants to unload a 993 cab?