OT: Who is a college drop out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:47 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Davies
I am allergic to being told what to do.
Oh my God..........are we related? I'm allergic too I found I give orders better than taking them........damn good thing I didn't follow that Army recruiter 20 years ago.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote: "The Pulritzer Price is the pen-ultimate achievement in intellectual persuits. Looking through my wife's eyes, only PhDs in english or literature will have the right stuff to win one. Here you are baring yourself in this thread. It helps my faith that my own child, while not having the benefit of a college degree, MAY yet one day achieve something we all can be supremely proud of."

Sorry to hear. You can be your child’s vital coach by being proud of any accomplishment made in life – regardless of what he chooses. Typically, academic achievements assist in attaining a position that -with a bit of luck- will enjoy in the future; but being supported by loved ones is what really catapults confidence necessary in building character for life. With it, you can do anything.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 937 Likes on 566 Posts

I know one who started his first company in HS, sold it at 19, quit college after 2 months, started another one, sold it at 26 for $20 million, bought a 997TT to go with the other goodies.

Rather than 'college drop out' I would call you guys successful without it. I know plenty of MBAs who represent the other side of the succesful ones who posted in the MBA thread. Hat's off to you guys. After all, you have a Porsche anyway.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Stockhog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped out of college even though on scholarship. Spent 30 years in the school of hard knocks. Finally got the job I thought I always wanted, Director of Financial Services for an international company with 600 hundred offices. Found out that is not what life is all about. NOW I am a part time ranger at a golf course near by. Play 3 days a week with my 12 year old son. Get to to to all the plays, games, concerts, etc. and see my children grow up. Now THAT is the perfect job.

Quick Reply: OT: Who is a college drop out?