Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Sliding...nee, 'Free fall' down the slippery slope...!??!?!! Requesting consultation.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Now we're talking...

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Marlon, Marlon, Marlon,

Porsches are not Dragsters. These cars have plenty of HP and Torque stock. They will get you in trouble and a ticket just as fast without the extra HP. If you really want a MOD just get your Transmission re-geared. You'll be surprised how many cars you'll be able to blow away with re-gearing.
I just got off of a long talk with a learned, experienced and sage expert on the 911 and a re-geared box was one of my take-aways for exactly the reasons you mention + more. I'm not really into the drag strip thing though, because frankly these cars are not 'drag deamons'. In my estimation a late model V-8 Mustang with 5 gears on the floor and a modest rear end would give a street-nominal 993 fits between stop lights with very little drama.

The SC system is intriguing and I'd like to learn more about it's use and utility on the street if nothing more than to satisfy my curiosity. I do like my power-rush at 4.5K up and I'm hoping new wires wakes it up a bit from idle to 4K RPM's.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
a late model V-8 Mustang with 5 gears on the floor and a modest rear end would give a street-nominal 993 fits between stop lights with very little drama.
It sure would, until the first corner, that is
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Same HP no Forced Induction...

Marlon, look into the 9M heads from Colin...at Ninemeister!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Originally Posted by FLYT993
Marlon, look into the 9M heads from Colin...at Ninemeister!

Cool - !!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allill
Marlon,

You were just all over this system, now it sucks? You might offend Denise and the others who have it
None taken... I love my SC! I got the car in April. The original owner had the SC installed about 25k miles ago and as far as I can see from the receipts, no troubles... as for the heat issue... Here's what I know... I was sitting in stop and go traffic when it was 101 degrees here a few weeks ago, then got a chance to wind her out a good bit... at neither point did my oil temp guage go over half way.

I can't give you any technical info on the SC... I just don't know that much about it, but I do know she has SERIOUS giddyup.

I'll be posting a thread shortly to introduce me and my cab a proper intro! More pics to come!
Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Denise993
Pro

:
Originally Posted by Denise993
I'll be posting a thread shortly to introduce me and my cab a proper intro!
That's what I get for posting late at night after a Nats game and a few too many beers! Bad grammar mixed with an incoherent sentence... I promise much more literate posting in the future!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:21 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

:

That's what I get for posting late at night after a Nats game and a few too many beers! Bad grammar mixed with an incoherent sentence... I promise much more literate posting in the future!
It's ok Denise, glad to have you!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Marlon
Drifting

None taken... I love my SC! I got the car in April. The original owner had the SC installed about 25k miles ago and as far as I can see from the receipts, no troubles... as for the heat issue... Here's what I know... I was sitting in stop and go traffic when it was 101 degrees here a few weeks ago, then got a chance to wind her out a good bit... at neither point did my oil temp guage go over half way.

I can't give you any technical info on the SC... I just don't know that much about it, but I do know she has SERIOUS giddyup.

I'll be posting a thread shortly to introduce me and my cab a proper intro! More pics to come!
That is very cool Denise! I would like to see this sometime since it is local, and I'll bet more R-listers would too!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Denise993
Pro

Originally Posted by Marlon
That is very cool Denise! I would like to see this sometime since it is local, and I'll bet more R-listers would too!!!
ASG is holding a technical inspection clinic for PCA on Oct. 27th.

http://www.pcapotomac.org/pca/html/d...pections.shtml

I could bring her over then. I love to visit with the boys at ASG (especially when it's not costing me anything) and they know A LOT more about the SC than I do. Who knows... I might even take you for a ride.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Marlon

Marlon I have an interest in the Kreighoff.....need year manufactured, Model# and guage, type choke tubes, ( i.e. Kolar, Briley?? ) and photos....Skeet use? Are you the original owner?

Send me a email or PM with a realistic price if you were serious about selling the Kreighoff
Old 09-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Default Denise - I will be there...!

ASG is holding a technical inspection clinic for PCA on Oct. 27th.

http://www.pcapotomac.org/pca/html/d...pections.shtml

I could bring her over then. I love to visit with the boys at ASG (especially when it's not costing me anything) and they know A LOT more about the SC than I do. Who knows... I might even take you for a ride.
...look fwd to meeting you and the SC with the rest of the gang. Taylor and the guys looked at my car a couple weeks ago and I'm still negotiating 'shock' options with them. This will be a great event!
Old 09-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Originally Posted by Berkley
Marlon I have an interest in the Kreighoff.....need year manufactured, Model# and guage, type choke tubes, ( i.e. Kolar, Briley?? ) and photos....Skeet use? Are you the original owner?

Send me a email or PM with a realistic price if you were serious about selling the Kreighoff
Berk - it's a K80 Standard, nickel# 020920 12 gage, 30" TF rib. #6Factory Adj. stock w/Super Scroll++ wood upgrade from Kreighoff. - unmodded LOP, fac. screw ins. Briley Ultralights with .005's and .007's, NASCO case. I am the orignal owner. I shot on the U.S. Navy Skeet team and made All American Skeet Team a few years in a row with a K-80. I am retired now but still shoot Registered targets (as I am today) - just missed a low 5 in the 4th box for a 99 in the 20 this morning - shooting the 12 in an hour so. I really didn't think any Forum bubbas would have a clue about the K-80 and since it's a target busting machine I probably would not sell it unless someone offered me 8.5K for it - and then I would hesitate. It is a 11K+ gun new you know. I am good buddies with Braxton up at Ottsville - if you mention my name he will give you a Krieghoff hat. My gun has a lot of 100's left in it
Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Dang - missed a low 3 for a 99 in the twelve this afternoon. Like I said, there's lots of 100's left in this gun
Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Originally Posted by robof4
warning thread creep alert
Marlon, sweet gun, Ive got an icepack on my shoulder I shot my standard 2 boxes of shells for 6 real birds, I just got back from the opening day dove shoot/crab feast at Pintail Point on the Eastern shore, a guy there had a nice K-32, what are u asking for the K80? AND WHATS UP WITH THE LPMM MOD?
robo - congrats on the birds! Pintail is pretty cool - I've shot some Sporting there before. I will prolly just keep the K80 - it knocks down clay targets like no tomorrow and it would cost me 12K minimum to get into a new one. I have to take my car to Todd's so he can look at it and do one first. Maybe I can get your muffs and take them down with me or we can do the mod during the week if you can take a day. We might have only 1 other taker. Mabye we can just go down there from the git-go - I don' t thinkTodd knows how 'easy' the muffs come off. Like I said before, he is a perfectionist and will not do a job if it won't come out perfect.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Marlon

Good shootin'....you are smart to keep the K-80....I'll order another one to spec one of these days for Sporting Clays....I have to many OUs anyway.....I am picking up a French Brittany Spaniel pup Tuesday.....will be spending my free time breakin' another bird dog....My older Setter needs a new partner for grouse huntin', Dakota pheasants and the few remaining wild birds (quail) on our farm on the Bay

Are Deiter and his wife still in the US or back in Germany?

Last edited by Berkley; 09-02-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Sliding...nee, 'Free fall' down the slippery slope...!??!?!! Requesting consultation.