Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinity Kappa 462.5 Install w/ stock grills?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Kappa 462.5 Install w/ stock grills?

Last week I installed the 462.5's in my rear deck but am not too happy with how they're sitting in there.

I couldn't get the stock grills to sit flush with the deck because the speakers are too big to put the stock grill mount ring around them.

So I installed the speakers BELOW the rear deck and mounted the mount rings on the deck like they were on the stock set-up.

Due to the thickness of the Infinity speakers, it causes the deck lid to sit higher than it normally would; thus causing a bulge.

How did you guys mount these while either maintaining the stock grills or replacement grills.

TIA

PS I guess I could hack up the rear grill mount rings to fit under the 462.5's, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Last edited by Chuck A.; 08-25-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I used Kappa something or other plate speakers and sat them on top of the shelf with the grills on top. This leaves a small (4/5mm) gap round the edge of the speakers which I intend to put a little black foam filler in. They have been in for about five years and I still quite haven't got round to doing the trim!

Cheers,

David
Old 08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

I had some custom made grilles made for next to nothing - thicker to compensate for the aftermarket speakers, same footprint as the stock grilles, covered in home audio speaker grille fabric.
PM me if you want pics.

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa 462.5 Install w/ stock grills?