Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking...One more time

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
JohnMetro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a twist... came back to our huge Lexus SUV in the carpark, and there was glass and plastic everywhere, then I realised it was from OUR car! Anyway, car appeared to have been pushed forward al least 1 foot, so must have been a hell of an impact. Found a note on the windscreen... "very sorry, here's my number etc"

I called, not expecting it to be a real number, and lo and behold, was a lady with a Boxster! She was very apologetic, apparently mistook the accelerator for the brakes, panicked and mashed the pedal to the floor! We swapped details, all got fixed under insurance etc.

Funny thing, we both ended up at the same repairers. When the shop owner showed me the Boxster, he INSISTED no way this could have happened in a car park, he estimates she must have been doing 60+!!! When I saw the Boxster on the hoist, chassis was pushed in about 15cm!

Based on this, he decided to pull the rear bumber off the Lexus, and discivered the rear sub-frame was bent out of shape.

Moral of the story? If your unlucky enough to be hit, hope that it's another P car owner (who are all an honest bunch of people )

Quick Reply: Parking...One more time