Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brings me back to Tahoe? Maybe a Porsche Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What brings me back to Tahoe? Maybe a Porsche Purchase?

I purchased my 95 C4 and my 77 Sport Bronco in Incline Village, NV. The C4 I picked up on July 4th, 2003 and the Bronco in August of 2004. Both purchased from the same person and on Ebay.

I got of out the heat of SLC and been up here since Friday morning, leaving Monday evening. Hung out on Incline Beach yesterday, Burnt Beach today. Of course, had to have my T's buritto and Char pit when I arrived! Im a former NorCal and have visited Tahoe enough over the years.

So where did a great Porsche come from? The same place I come back to every year to chill out for a few days each year. Ironically, Im staying at the place of the person I bought both my 95 C4 and 77 Bronco Sport from while he is in his DC home. He is a great, generous person and now a 2001 996 owner(doah!!). As soon as my Park City 2nd home is completed in the next few months, he's more than welcome to be my guest.

For those who enjoy great cars and great places, visit Incline Village, NV Better yet, if you havent experienced Tahoe, its highly recommended.

KEEP TAHOE BLUE!!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:49 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. . . And that's the reason I live here ! Although I have moved from Incline down to Reno, I would move back up to the lake in a second if I could afford the same size of house up there. I say we plan a Tahoe get-together at some point. Anyone else up for it ?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
goldcountryboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We rent a place for 1 week every year at sunnyside.A buoy for our boat comes with it.A must do every year is a boat cruise along the Incline shore. The houses there are spectacular,only visable from the water.Lake Tahoe is truley a beautiful place.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
. . . And that's the reason I live here ! Although I have moved from Incline down to Reno, I would move back up to the lake in a second if I could afford the same size of house up there. I say we plan a Tahoe get-together at some point. Anyone else up for it ?
Thats a 570 mile, 8+ hour drive vs. a 58 minute flight to Reno for me. That's a long road trip.

Tahoe is a great and I have been coming here since the late 1990's to play in the snow and the first summer trip was picking up my C4. Would a Porsche purchase keep me coming back? I seriously doubt it because the beauty of Tahoe by far outweighs any Porsche.

Was over in Sunnyside Saturday--didnt stop for lunch though. Had dinner at Lanza's last night.

Another 8 hours in Incline and a semi-working day from the beach. I dont know if I would call that the beauty of PDA's or a disruption of leisure time?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Lake Tahoe is one of those special places that has spectacular views, things to do, I have heard that Paul Mcartney vacations on the North Shore every year and even does shows at one of the local pubs, unannounced.
I haven't been in a while, but we love the skiing in the winter, the hiking in the summer and the gambling all year around!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 PM
obchuck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rumor has it that Mcartney has been known to give impromptu performance @ a spot in Truckee - forgot the name.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Tahoe is a very special place for myself and family. However, the Porsche never sees it . Here is a picture from our pier on the west shore that I took the other day.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to try ****'s pizza before you go...in Incline. Great beaches there too. Just spent a week at Club Tahoe time share.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Yes, I have at at ****'s-great pizza!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: What brings me back to Tahoe? Maybe a Porsche Purchase?