Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche: The ultimate money pit

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
creator8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Dad always says "If you earn money, its your duty to spend it!" What are you going to do leave it in the bank. If it makes you happy then so what....
Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 AM
long_beach_968
Pro

I've had a ton of money in the bank, and I've had a porsche, when buying the 993, I had to decide that the Porsche just makes me happier.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Never, ever add up the numbers.

Ever.
Mark, +110

Does it really cost a lot? She Who Must be Obeyed said to me that Project Orange must be costing HK$200,000 (US$25,641). Now that would be a bargain. For once the dumb shmuck that I am when it comes to women did something out of their book - when asked a question they do not want to answer, smile and change the topic. Everyone is happy that way. My problem is that I am not good with figures. Did I do accountancy once? Can't remember. And there is my other problem, an early onset of Alzheimer's - just can't remember those unimportant small things like what I spent on the Ninemeister +3 kit. Just trivia. What price can be put on a great vision and a man's dream? What price do you put on such great fun? The only other thing which gives me this level of pleasure is karting. Reminds me of a line from a favourite Aussie movie, The Castle, which goes something like "There is nothing like the smell of 2-stroke in the morning."

If you can spend it, enjoy it.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,850 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Originally Posted by long_beach_968
Thats about it, I realized I've spent over $5k in the last 15 months, and havent gone down the silppery slope yet, still have the same car.

However, every time I get in the driver's seat, it all feels okay.
haha, that's nothing. i burn 1600 in tires every month.

Quick Reply: Porsche: The ultimate money pit