Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Targa on Red Volks (Pics Finally!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks are such a personal thing. I love the red wheels just as they are. I would not be putting on any white borders. The Carrera script would set them off very well on a C2 but I would not put the scripting on a Targa. Having owned a Targa I spent much time admiring its modern shape. I think that the rear three quarters is more modern looking than the Carrera, not better than the Carrera but different and very nice. I do not think that a ducktail would go well on a Targa. All just my humble opinion. The wheels themselves are a great choice and are a true performance wheel - they are so much lighter than nearly all their competition which tout themselves as light but never give you their weight. They are also very competitively priced. I hope to be enjoying my matte black Volks in a few weeks.

Enjoy those beautiful wheels.

Last edited by TargaTango; 06-28-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about just getting the "targa" script on the rear lid in red? That and maybe red seatbelts.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:06 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TargaTango
Looks are such a personal thing. I love the red wheels just as they are. I would not be putting on any white borders. The Carrera script would set them off very well on a C2 but I would not put the scripting on a Targa. Having owned a Targa I spent much time admiring its modern shape. I think that the rear three quarters is more modern looking than the Carrera, not better than the Carrera but different and very nice. I do not think that a ducktail would go well on a Targa. All just my humble opinion. The wheels themselves are a great choice and are a true performance wheel - they are so much lighter than nearly all their competition which tout themselves as light but never give you their weight. They are also very competitively priced. I hope to be enjoying my matte black Volks in a few weeks.

Enjoy those beautiful wheels.
Chris - We're still waiting for pics of your car...when is expected finish date??
Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 AM
dotcomhusker
Rennlist Member

Cool! I didn't think I'd actually like it but I do. Now you have me thinking... I wonder how powder coated speed yellow volks would look against a black targa. hmmmm.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:34 PM
creator8
Instructor

Originally Posted by dotcomhusker
Cool! I didn't think I'd actually like it but I do. Now you have me thinking... I wonder how powder coated speed yellow volks would look against a black targa. hmmmm.
Yellow would definitely look good. White also looks good on black though a PITA to keep clean. I'm a big fan of gold or bronze--slightly more (ahem!) understated--on black too--which is a color option direct from Volk.

The orange wheels and script on black GT3RS combo on the current 997 is amazing in the flesh.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
TargaTango
Racer

Originally Posted by David in LA
Chris - We're still waiting for pics of your car...when is expected finish date??
David, Time moves slowly on this project as does my shop. Those guys have so much work that they are doing just a little bit at a time. I would guess that since I put her in in November 06 there may have been at least 2 months when nothing happened. I go there every Saturday as much to check on progress and show that I am interested as to get my fix ogling my machine as gradually she comes together. ETA is the first week of July, but having seen her last Saturday this looks doubtful. I am hoping that she will be ready before my birthday late July and then I will be taking pictures and I will post. I owe this forum at least that as it has given me so much ideas and help, without which I doubt I would have undertaken this project nor have know what I wanted to do and how to do it. With the lighting in the shop I cannot get the color of the car to come out on photos. Gulf Orange is a little difficult to capture in that it is a little flat in a pastle way yet it still is reasonably bright. I am hoping that I will have better luck in natural light.

All the best,
Old 06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TargaTango
David, Time moves slowly on this project as does my shop. Those guys have so much work that they are doing just a little bit at a time. I would guess that since I put her in in November 06 there may have been at least 2 months when nothing happened. I go there every Saturday as much to check on progress and show that I am interested as to get my fix ogling my machine as gradually she comes together. ETA is the first week of July, but having seen her last Saturday this looks doubtful. I am hoping that she will be ready before my birthday late July and then I will be taking pictures and I will post. I owe this forum at least that as it has given me so much ideas and help, without which I doubt I would have undertaken this project nor have know what I wanted to do and how to do it. With the lighting in the shop I cannot get the color of the car to come out on photos. Gulf Orange is a little difficult to capture in that it is a little flat in a pastle way yet it still is reasonably bright. I am hoping that I will have better luck in natural light.

All the best,
Wow, you have way more patience than I have!! I'm really looking forward to seeing you zip around Hong Kong....you're car will be a difficult one to miss! BTW, which shop is doing the work for you? Best of luck and happy early B-day!

Quick Reply: White Targa on Red Volks (Pics Finally!)