Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta based support network for my 993?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Martin and Auto Europe on my Pcar and BMWs for years. Martin has also serviced a buddy's '88 911 for 10+ years. Only the highest recommendation from me and my buddy.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, thats surprising about P.I., i havent heard anything bad about them til now. I guess its gone down since Bob left.

of course all your body work should go to www.holtwheelsmotorsports.com
Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, the service manager at Kinetic, is an extremely nice guy. I just got an alignment there, but they went out of their way to find the kinematic toe tool and had the best price around.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone recommened in the NE (Duluth area) ?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 PM
mikestash
Racer

KINETIC. Best conversation that I had with any mechanic.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I did a search on Kinetic and only found some NASCAR dewds- do you have more info pls?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:06 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
I did a search on Kinetic and only found some NASCAR dewds- do you have more info pls?
We got plenty of Nascar shops here in Atlanta!

This Kinetic however is actually called "Kinetic Speed Shop". (They also do Nascar stuff)

http://www.kssmotorsports.com/index.aspx

This is the actual link for the "shop" protion of the business:
http://www.kssmotorsports.com/index_speedshop.aspx
Old 06-22-2007, 11:30 PM
SFreeman
Advanced

+1 for Gran Turismo.
+1 for Martin' at Auto Europe. Used for my '87 911 until I sold it last year, and he does my 993 work.
I used Kinetics for my race car until Bob Sanderson and Steve Cosgrove left for FarnbacherLoles. I don't think Farnbacher does street work yet in Atlanta.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:45 AM
Scooterco
AutoX

+1 for NOT using Peter Wendt. He had my car for over a month telling me that it would be ready in a day or 2 for 3-weeks. I finally went to the shop one monday morning after he told me that car was running on the previous Friday and found the car had not been touched for the entire time it had been there. On another note. I originally had my Boxster set to FBR in tucker to diagnose a oil/Coolant intermix. This shop has a very good reputation and I could tell that they are clean and methodical. They DO NOT however have adequate experience and technical knowledge about late model Porsches, or they are too lazy to properly diagnose a vehicle. They told me that I had a cracked cylinder and I should get a used motor becuase the cost of fixing it would be too high. They made no effort to source a motor for me and left it in my hands. I got a good motor delivered to the shop and they still couldn't figure it out. The cherry on top of all of this is that they mis-diagnosed the problem. I retrieved the old motor and tore it down to the short block. I could tell that it was the oil cooler when I took it off because you could see the intermix only on the output side of the Coolant galley. I pressure tested it to make sure-and sure enough that is the problem. So now I have spent over 13K on a new motor and it could have been repaired for around $1200 in parts and labor. I have never had more shop problems than I have with this Boxster. I would not reccomend FBR for anything water cooled, their expertise is with air-cooled motors.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterco
+1 for NOT using Peter Wendt. He had my car for over a month telling me that it would be ready in a day or 2 for 3-weeks. I finally went to the shop one monday morning after he told me that car was running on the previous Friday and found the car had not been touched for the entire time it had been there. On another note. I originally had my Boxster set to FBR in tucker to diagnose a oil/Coolant intermix. This shop has a very good reputation and I could tell that they are clean and methodical. They DO NOT however have adequate experience and technical knowledge about late model Porsches, or they are too lazy to properly diagnose a vehicle. They told me that I had a cracked cylinder and I should get a used motor becuase the cost of fixing it would be too high. They made no effort to source a motor for me and left it in my hands. I got a good motor delivered to the shop and they still couldn't figure it out. The cherry on top of all of this is that they mis-diagnosed the problem. I retrieved the old motor and tore it down to the short block. I could tell that it was the oil cooler when I took it off because you could see the intermix only on the output side of the Coolant galley. I pressure tested it to make sure-and sure enough that is the problem. So now I have spent over 13K on a new motor and it could have been repaired for around $1200 in parts and labor. I have never had more shop problems than I have with this Boxster. I would not reccomend FBR for anything water cooled, their expertise is with air-cooled motors.
There is probably a more recent thread then this 11 year old one....

Quick Reply: Atlanta based support network for my 993?