Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: Yellow stock seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

In case anyone cares... I did manage (with Scott mellor's help) to get the front belts installed in my car. Not too bad a job, and they look great to my eye:
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrts Steve!!! BEYOND COOL!!!

Scott
Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
In case anyone cares... I did manage (with Scott mellor's help) to get the front belts installed in my car. Not too bad a job, and they look great to my eye:
They look great!! axl911 (Anthony) and I are working on the ones on eBays so I should be coming to you for install advise soon.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:34 AM
grmnxtc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Steve!
Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

looking good steve..nice touch
Old 06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Talking Got my belts re-webbed!! - excellent!

Well... long story short - ish...

Steve bought the set of Factory yellow belts I had sitting on a shelf and put those in Rufus... as it turns out that the full set I had (Front and Rears[which are now installed in another 'Listers car]) would only work in a Coupe or Targa and NOT in a Cab - which is what I have - as the mounting orientation for the rears is wrong in a cab vs a coupe/targa, and results in a locked belt if you mount them wrong.

So, I sent off a full spare set of black Cab belts to PEProducts for a re-web... I haven't fitted them yet (still some other interior mods to go), but I did ask them to send samples of the three colors they can supply (yellow, red and blue).

Service was fanatstic! I sent them off Tuesday pm, they arrived back in my hands Friday pm! Nicely packaged with bags swapped around the belt webbing to reduce the chance of "messing" them up during shipment.

Luckily, I still have a single rear Porsche belt so here's the color and weave comparison for you all..

Top belt is Porsche OE, bottom is new replacement. They are a *shade* lighter, but not a huge difference.

Note: click these images to load a Big Hi-res version for more detail

Here's the weave difference.

and, as I don't have a Pantone color chart to hand, here's the next best thing to guage the colors of the Red and Blue... my trusty Costco membership card is almost an exact match....

As you can see, the blue is NOT a Riviera Blue like the Porsche OE belts, but darker... probably a good match for Midnight and Iris Blue cars... The red is a rich red , but not Guards Red bright... but I don't have red belts to compare too...

Word of caution.. Don't rely of these images for color matching.. I used the Costco card as a baseline for a quick color matching reference... YMMV

Anyway, hope this helps anyone looking to re-web their own belts... my experience with PE Products and dealing with Trampas could not be faulted...

Remember their "special" is only valid this month... (see this thread for details).
Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 217 Posts

Clive.. As usual, great work, thanks. I am waiting on Anthony and I'll set a red set for the cab.

Quick Reply: Wanted: Yellow stock seat belts