Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

I've been rear ended...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about this. However, glad that you're safe. If a 993 is hit by a Suburban at speed, it could be a whole other matter. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Update...Cabrio went in the shop today.

I decided to leave the standard US bumper instead of going with the Euro bumper.

Since the rear lid is going to be repainted, the shop is also painting the two rear fenders to match.

I am getting a quote now to get the rest of the car painted as half of it will be already covered by the insurance company. I may do a full re-spray and take care of all the dings, rock chips and road rash and end up with a brand new paint job for a bit extra.

I hope I can control the shakes due to withdrawals in the next few days without my Cab. Talk about separation anxiety...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
There was no police report even though we called 911. The officer came out and he said that he couldn't write a report since the accident happened at the traffic light of the mall parking lot. Being private property, is not in their jurisdiction.
Hmm. So, for example, if you run over a pedestrian in a mall parking lot in Atlanta the police can't write you up? I'll have to remember this next time I'm in town. Sounds like he didn't want to do the paperwork.

Hope you get a nice euro bumper and perfect repaint out of this!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. No
Hmm. So, for example, if you run over a pedestrian in a mall parking lot in Atlanta the police can't write you up? I'll have to remember this next time I'm in town. Sounds like he didn't want to do the paperwork.
This is not the only time I've heard this. There was a fender bender at the Club House of my subdivision. My neighbors called the Police and they didn't give the guy at fault a ticket nor wrote a report since it happened in private property.

Funny thing is, the mall parking lot is full of stop signs. I'd bet you'll get a ticket if you run one.

Quick Reply: I've been rear ended...