Sponsored by:

RS Battery Cutoff Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool Group 9 Motorsports' Switch

Check with Kary at Group 9 Motorsports www.group9motorsports.com He has a switch that has the appropriate resistor to protect the alternator, etc., and it can be activated inside and outside the car.

I had my cut off external switch installed at TRE in N. Hollywood, CA It is yet another design, external only.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by clubsport1
Do you think you will actually be pulling the lever then??...I have never shut down the car this way while running, the only occasions I have turned the electrical cut out to "off" is when I have left the car for extended periods of time,,partly as a security measure...surely it is 90% image / 10% function ?

If you are club racing, then during your car check out, they throw the switch with the car running. If you don't have the resistors installed, you might be buying a new alternator. But for a street car, I wouldn't think you would throw the switch while the car is running. It would be used more for security or prevent the battery from going dead during storage.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool THat's what they do...

At the Porsche Owners Club Clinic Racers Clinic, while we are in getting a lecture on X, the cars are being tech'd in detail. They are fired up, and then the kill switch is pulled to see that they actually work. Glad I had the resistor in there!

Quick Reply: RS Battery Cutoff Parts