Sponsored by:

Brake pressure warning light

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brake pressure warning light

I have a 2wd RS version which has the same brake booster system as found on the C4 & TT versions of the 993.

Having run these cars for a few years, I am familiar with the whirring sound on start up as the brake pump builds pressure up in the resevoir, the light would stay on for up to say 30 seconds....

I had a brake fluid flush and change with SRF a couple of months ago....since then I have not used the car too frequently, on the occasions I have used the car,,the whirring starts and the "brake pressure light" remains on after the whirring stops.

I can drive for 20 miles with this light still on,,,,however if I stop and restart the car after one minute or an hour ,,once restarted the light goes out and stays off.

The braking performance of the car seems fine on road and track,,,but it is the initial start up after a week or two when the light stays on.

I have cleaned up various braking electrical connections I can see, could the light staying on be related to the recent brake fluid change???

Maybe slight air in system or electrical glitch?...would appreciate anyones views who may have had a similar experience...cheers
Old 05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Paul

Sounds like you have some air in the system .. if in the ABS or pump you will need to hammer the bubbles out ..

cheers, Maurice
Old 05-21-2007, 09:48 AM
pezza
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bosch Hammer, not this type!
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Maurice, I think that is the case...thing is i have tried it 3 times in the last 24 hours and it has been perfect.....more annoying than anything!

Quick Reply: Brake pressure warning light