I'd like to sit in a Recaro Sport seat near Sacramento CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:57 PM
cowtown
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'd like to sit in a Recaro Sport seat near Sacramento CA

Hi guys,
I'm seriously considering the Recaro Sport Toplines to replace my stock 993 seats, but can't find anyone locally who has them in stock so I can sit in them.

I'm looking at these because they are supposed to have great overall and lumbar support, they recline, and I know they fit in the 993. I'm 6'3" 195lbs, with a thin but wide frame/shoulders.

I'd really appreciate it if I could meet a Rennlister somewhere near Sacramento and sit in one of these seats. It doesn't have to be in a Porsche or even installed in a car. I just want to be sure I fit before I order. I'd be happy to bring you a 6-pack of your favorite beverage in return.

Please PM if you can help.
Thanks,
Colin
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
cowtown
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh my aching back...

I'll give this one bump then let it go. Are there even any speed shops near Sacramento who have Recaros on display? I've called the local places like Tognotti's but the Sport and Sportster CS seats seem like science fiction to them....

Colin
Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Recaro and other seat makers sure do need more real dealers. Actual storefronts where you can sit on the seat.

What exactly are you supposed to do when you order seats and they don't fit or aren't confortable for you? When I ordered mine, FVD made me sign a form that was essentially a non-revokable commitment to buy the seats. Glad they fit reasonably well, or I'd be SOL.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

It's not really close to Sacramento, but Griffins in Berkeley has msot Recaros on display.

http://www.g-werke.com/multiproduct.cfm?dpt=XX

Good luck.

CP
Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should try bigger auto apholstery shops. I know of one in the south bay that has some recaros on site.

Quick Reply: I'd like to sit in a Recaro Sport seat near Sacramento CA