Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Racing Seats Blows....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Racing Seats Blows....

...what a PITA.

Installing and EVO 2 PLUS (driver side) and an EVO L (passenger side). Learning alot as I go but it ain't straight forward as many have pointed out.

...I feel better now...going back to work on it
Old 04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Dave,

What's the problem? I'm not the most brilliant mechanic in the world, but I had few issues getting my GT3 seats in.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

I am using Recaro sliders with the Brey Krause side mounts for the Evo L. The front tunnel side of the seats pushes against the center consol so that it is going to be a huge pain cranking over the slider mounts to get to the holes. I think it is going to be OK though. I tried mounting the seat without the sliders since the headroom is a little tight with the helmet...but can't figure out how I am either going to tighten the front tunnel side mount bolt or the bolt to the floor mount....also I am using the BK sub mount (not intending to race) and I need the sliders to creat enough space for it.

So, am going to stick with the sliders and take the seat padding out if I need to for DE's.

Am also putting in a DAS sport roll bar and just discovered that the bolts for the two fonrt mounts are US threads not metric threads. The back two are OK.

Just been messing around with different ideas and things...and needed to vent cause that 1/2" I needed for the slider is going to be a pain to get.

thanks Mark for the offer!!. Now that the weather is nice I do plan on making a trip up to see your beast. Probably later in May. I will PM you.

Dave
Old 04-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds cool, Dave. Best of luck with the installs. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveM993
...I tried mounting the seat without the sliders since the headroom is a little tight with the helmet...
I'd be curious to know how you manged to sort it out.

I am in a similar situation about to tru to fit SPG and SPG XL seats using BK mounts and submounts in my 964. I am hoping to do it without sliders as headroom is an issue.

Let us know how it works out, please.

Marc
Old 04-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue where the padding and the carpet on the tunnel wouldn't allow the sliders to align with the holes. Solution? Cut through the carpet and the padding. Remove as little as possible to get the space you need. Once the seats are in you can't see the defiled area.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 AM
jsalamunovich
Rennlist Member

I used Recaro Pole Positions, which might fit a little better than the EVOs. I got the tunnel-side bolts in by pushing the seat all the way back, then loosening the outboard side mount bolts (to give me me some flexibility), and then pushing as hard as I could on the slider to scoot it over to the hole. After I got all the slider bolts in, I retightened the side mount bolts It took about 15 minutes.

Quick Reply: Installing Racing Seats Blows....