jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by md11plt

Otherwise we do have the legal right to defend our positition in this matter
Proceed at your our risk.
Alan Gun, MD (ret)
presidentr AGLA,inc[/I]

Notice how he signs his mail MD (ret) here. This was after he called me "Cancer boy" on the phone and told me I wouldn't live long enough to sue him.
This guy is a retired doc?
Makes you wonder if he was encouraged to 'retire'...? An ******* like that should never have been practicing medicine.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

He sounds like a tool - beware that the leather doctor also has a poor feedback record on ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...userid=aglausa
Old 05-02-2007, 02:09 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to Andreas and Tom for sharing their experiences with this guy. I know posting this kind of thing is a touchy proposition.

He is not only a pathetic businessman but a disgusting human being. Calling someone "cancer boy"? What a loser.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, I couldn't agree more. Pathetic.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Thanks to Andreas and Tom for sharing their experiences with this guy. I know posting this kind of thing is a touchy proposition.

He is not only a pathetic businessman but a disgusting human being. Calling someone "cancer boy"? What a loser.
Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with this a-hole. And thanks to you and Andreas for bringing the issues to light. I believe atan888 had his SW recovered with Alcantara for his SY C4S... you might to PM him... perhaps you can get your SW done properly.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with this a-hole. And thanks to you and Andreas for bringing the issues to light. I believe atan888 had his SW recovered with Alcantara for his SY C4S... you might to PM him... perhaps you can get your SW done properly.
Thanks, Tony, but the point is moo (I know it's mute , but that cracks me up). This happened just as I found out I was sick, so I had to get a replacement wheel and I sold the car. Selling it was painful at the time, but I'm better now and I just love the turbo. Everything the 997 was not, and should be
Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

but the point is moo (I know it's mute, but that cracks me up)
moot
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarkD

+1
Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
moot

I know, Jon, just trying to have some fun
Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
vivaleduc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spoke to the guy about doing a wheel for me and came here looking for ideas on steering wheels...ran into this thread...I almost puked on my keyboard when I read about the cancer comments. Unbelievable
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Two Kinds of Leather on Three Spoke Steering Wheels?

Continuing on the original postings about the leather air bag having a smoother grain than the vinyl air bag and how the steering wheel typically has more grain to the leather, I have noticed that as well.

I have a new leather air bag with the smooth grain and I am looking for a three spoke steering wheel to go with it. My experience is the same as the early posts to this thread that the leather three-spoke 996 986 etc. steering wheel has alot of grain in it when compared to the air bag leather.

However, I have seen smooth leather steering wheels occasionally where the leather is essentially as smooth as the original 993 steering wheel was. The smooth leather wheel matches the smooth leather airbag well. Does any one know which models or options of Boxsters, 996s, GT3, GT2, etc. had the smooth leather wheel and/or air bag?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Found a photo of the smooth leather steering wheel

Ok, using the search function, found a Rennlister photo of the smooth leather steering wheel and the leather airbag. So there appear to be two types of three-spoke wheel leather - smooth and with grain.

Last edited by SKM; 04-13-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:52 AM
kdeaton
2nd Gear

Default Oh, how I regret the day

Here is my experience, for what it's worth...

Sent my wheel to this joker in December. Did not get it back for 4 and a half months. When it came back, it was the most awful thing you could lay eyes on. I so wish I had pictures, but I called him from my mechanic's shop, where it was delivered, and he told me to pack it back up, and he would have FedEx pick it up, to make it right. After many calls, he sent it back out, and this is the result. Believe it or not, this is the 'New & Improved' version. Straight out of the shipping container. It is awful leather, very poorly stitched, lumpy, and he left glue slopped on the spokes. I just hope it will clean off. Anyway, trying to call him to get my steering wheel, 90% of the time I just got voicemail, which he NEVER called back, and when I did reach him, I got the sorriest excuses. Which all would have been water under the bridge had I received a decent product at the end. How someone stays in business with his lack of customer service, and beyond poor workmanship, is beyond me. Just hope this gets around, and people don't have to learn by the same mistake I did, to the tune of $350.

BTW, it's the wheel for a 1957 Benz 190SL.
Attached Images            
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
debo2k3
Advanced

OMG, horrible leather color and stitching...and everything.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by kdeaton
Here is my experience, for what it's worth...

BTW, it's the wheel for a 1957 Benz 190SL.
Very sorry to see that!

He is, as I've thoroughly shown on recent threads, a complete and utter jackass. He should be ashamed of himself.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Leather steering wheel