Sponsored by:

993 Alignment Shops - Vermont

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
michaeldunavin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Alignment Shops - Vermont

Recently purchased some shorter springs for my 993 coupe. I'm comfortable installing them myself (read blissfully ignorant), but realize I should have an alignment (and possibly corner balance) afterwards. Anyone know a good shop in NW Vermont?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

Hey Michael! Welcome to Rennlist and ownership of a 993! Also, welcome to NW Vermont! I live in Williston and regrettably have not had any luck with alignment around here. I've used Automaster and they botched it along with my rear tires which they were gracious enough to admit they messed it up and took care of some things for me. I think the reason for my mis-alignment was due to the fact my car is lowered and was out of the realm of what they typically deal with. With that being said I have also used Washburns in Richmond with mixed results. There is a guy in Vergennes (his name escapes me) that specializes in exotics and from what I understand can handle an alignment such as a 993 without a problem. If you need any help please dont hesitate to look me up.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:48 PM
michaeldunavin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I too have had mixed results with local shops. If you think of the name of the shop in Vergennes ... I would be interested. I recall a Hemmings article about a shop in the area (Colchester, I think) run by a former rally car driver. Your car looks familiar ... were you at OctoberFast in Stowe? Love the RUFs!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldunavin
Thanks for the info! I too have had mixed results with local shops. If you think of the name of the shop in Vergennes ... I would be interested. I recall a Hemmings article about a shop in the area (Colchester, I think) run by a former rally car driver. Your car looks familiar ... were you at OctoberFast in Stowe? Love the RUFs!
Yes, thats my car. I put the Ruf's on last night in fact. Yes, there is a rally shop in Colchester http://www.libraracing.com/rallycarrental.htm, not sure if they work on "regular" cars though, I don't see why not though. Hey, it's worth asking, the worst they can say is no, right?

Quick Reply: 993 Alignment Shops - Vermont