Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low - Ri - der

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bit too low IMO. But then again you have the 17". If you like it and there's no issues then it's all good.
Love the polar silver!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

looks great but I would do 18's and lose the longaberger handle.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:11 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does look very low, I was wondering if you were able to dial out the excessive negative camber that one usually sees with the ride hight set to that level. I am not sure about inside tire life using street tires,
and I would also check the bump steer as well. Enjoy and good luck, Jerry
Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks nice. When I saw the thread title, the War song started playing in my head
Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HJK
Dean, that looks sweet. Mine is being done right now although set at ROWO30 minus 10mm, what are your heights?
Drive safe
Thanks for all of the feedback, folks.

HJK,

I don't know the factory reference height - will ask the shop again. The request was between RS and Sport, but closer to RS as Jeff/InTheAir has (thanks, Jeff!).

Based on fender height, it seems to be actually be lower than RS , unless the new Kumhos (still 17") make a difference. I measured about 24-5/8" rear and about 24-1/4" front, if memory serves. Was a little worried when I saw this, but so far, no issues - read on...

Mark in Baltimore,

No bump steer at all to date. I only had tire rubbing after I found a had slow leak (defective new tire/sidewall issues, don't ask, LONG story) on the passenger side rear. Otherwise, no rubbing or bump steering. Fenders are not rolled.

The guys at Midwest Eurosport seem to really know what they're doing for this street setup (no affiliation). They do a lot of track/race cars in addition to street, so this setup may be a result of their natural orientation. That said, I am wondering if this will work for me long term, especially given everyone's experiences here that I have read. We'll see...stayed tuned.

Mark D,

No new drop links (at least I didn't pay for any!). I actually am not sure how they achieved the height. Will ask them when I pick it up with the new tire.

C4S_fan & Cactus,

I may do 18" wheels next year.

993James993,

I am thinking about the protection bar - will need to do a search on this to learn more.

J.PELLEGRINO,

Thanks for the heads up on the camber and tire wear issues. I will also ask my wrench about this.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Dean,
I'm sure you will LOVE it.
"I got mine done" (:-O) a couple of weeks ago and the ride height is now RS. I couldn't be happier.
For reference:
My front left fender-height: 25 1/4 inches (approx.)
My rear left fender-height: 24 3/4 inches (approx.)

This is with 1/2--3/4 tank of gas and nobody inside. (and no 'Soprano-bodies' in the trunk)

My rear 'height' is 107mm -- which is RS.
My front 'height' is 124mm -- which is RS.

Here's a 'from the side' pic:

http://ifly.freeyellow.com/miscell/p...e/image024.htm

The car drives 'sure-footed' and 'planted'. There is no body roll in corners and she takes pot-holes and road undulations/bumps with aplomb. There is no skittishness or dynamic instablity whatsoever.
Best friggin' upgrade I made!

Gerry
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Thanks for all of the feedback, folks.

I am thinking about the protection bar - will need to do a search on this to learn more.
I've seen a couple advertised here this week.

Well done. It looks great.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
I don't know the factory reference height - will ask the shop again. The request was between RS and Sport, but closer to RS as Jeff/InTheAir has (thanks, Jeff!).

Based on fender height, it seems to be actually be lower than RS , unless the new Kumhos (still 17") make a difference. I measured about 24-5/8" rear and about 24-1/4" front, if memory serves. Was a little worried when I saw this, but so far, no issues - read on...
Yeah, that seems lower than RS. It is definitely lower than my car and that was RS + 5mm, which measured out at about:

Front = 25 3/8"
Rear = 25 1/8"

It might be a tad be low for my taste, but it's better than being in the stratosphere.

Have fun.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Yeah, that seems lower than RS. It is definitely lower than my car and that was RS + 5mm, which measured out at about:

Front = 25 3/8"
Rear = 25 1/8"

It might be a tad be low for my taste, but it's better than being in the stratosphere.

Have fun.
Jeff,

Agreed. Looks-wise, I might also prefer it a smidge higher, but it's performing quite well to date, so I'll probably leave well enough alone for now. The shop manager said they've done so many of these, it's second nature, so I don't foresee big issues at this height.

I just hope people don't start offering me fuzzy dice or **** carpet for the dash and headliner.

Unrelated but on the bad side, my slow leak that started last year turned out to be a cracked rim! My wrench has a wheel source, so I hope to be back in action soon. Too bad I probably won't get it back by this weekend, which is supposed to be nice and sunny.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

I'm at the same RS ride height settings and have no problems with dips or anything except parking lot stops and curbs. I have no unusual tire wear or bump steer issues and now the car really handles like a Porsche should.

Enjoy it!...........ZP44
Old 05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Gus Sem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dean,

Nice ride!

I just came across this post. I just had Midwest euro install my PSS9s. Your ride height is similar to mine. I haven't had any issues with tire clearance or curbs, I have 17" wheels. The handling is awesome! I previously had the M030 suspension, so I still have the m030 sway bars.

I've been taking my '95 993 to MW Euro for 4 years. They are the best! Let me know if you'll be at Road America this Memorial Day weekend.

Gus
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Deanriffs,
Looks terrific. Just hit any driveway ramp or speed bumbs at an angle. Straight-on and you'll probably scrape the front and rear overhangs. At least mine does.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Gus,

Glad to hear that you're not having any issues with your ride height. I did have one gas station entrance that caused a scrape.

SRF,

My approach was not angled, (was distressed by a flat tire, long story), hence, the FPB group buy.

Gus,

I won't be a Road America Memorial Day weekend, but will do it someday. Autocross is where I'll be a few more times with the PCA; perhaps the DE coming up at Autobahn CC. Maybe I'll see you there. Have fun at RADE! It sounds fantastic.

I still need to figure out insurance, and will State Farm pay if it is not a timed event i.e. DE vs. Club Racing, as I read that many carriers have changed coverages recently. Also wonder if I'll get canceled/be hard to insure if I have a track-related incident.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

I'm not an expert and I haven't read your policy, but if its not a timed event and it is an officially sanctioned "Driver's Education" event, not a race, than most insurance policies will cover the car, however, you will then probably be immediately canceled, and flagged as "high-risk" which might getting your next policy a little pricey!

Quick Reply: Low - Ri - der