Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Was laying low on the Fabspeed Group Buy until....Road Test!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 339 Posts
Cool The sound, ripped exhaust.

I don't know anything about FVD's pipes. All I know is what I read here and some limited exposure to other California 993 owners. If the FVD approach sounded horrible...I agree, take them off.

In my road test yesterday, I loved the sound. The truly evil race car sound only comes on when the accelerator is pressed aggressively. A small increment of throttle produces an acceptable noise....to each his own.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm new to Rennlsit and happened to read through this thread. I just purchsed my second 993 which is a 96 993 Black Cabrio with 19K miles (which I am diligently trying to increase every day!!!)

I had to remove my FabSpeed X pipes due to my NJ Emissions test and therfore they are for sale (3.5 years and 8000 mi. old). I decided to keep the OEM cat in the car along with my FabSpeed mufflers. Sounds great but sometimes a bit too much res/harmonics at 2500-3000 RPM. But nontheless it sounds great 90% of the time.

I live in No. NJ and the bypass pipes are available at $275 + shipping for the set (list price I believe is $550?). I can be most easily reached at 973-467-8400.

Since I am new to Rennlist I am not sure how else you can reach me?

Tom
Old 04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HJK
Chris you ship all over the world????
Thanks guys....
Yes Sir.......anywhere the money spends

PM me if you would like to "chat". I don't want to hi-jack Martin's thread
Old 04-17-2007, 12:59 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Martin S.]I started with B&B mufflers, came with the car. Sold them...next, the RSRs, loved them....but needed some more dBs in my life, bought a set of Fabspeed Super Cups...sold off the RSRs with the TechArt tips.

Martin how would you compare the sound of your new set up to supercups?
Thanks
Tom
Old 04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 339 Posts
Cool Super Cups VS Cat Bypass

The Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes into Robin Sun's RSR mufflers are only loud when you mash the throttle. At 3000 RPM you can have a conversation in the cabin. When you drop down a gear and step on the gas, the conversation is over! So when you are driving with someone, and you want to end the vapid small talk, just get on the gas...conversation over.

The Super Cups are a bit louder and there is a resonance harmonic at about 3000 RPM. But on the plus side, the Super Cups are much easier to install and they probably take more weight off the rear end of the car....I have not had a set of Super Cups in a few years. When I had them, people would come over to the car in a gas station and ask if I had installed a V8 into the car....

In conclusion, they are different beasts...both produce incredible sounds. I went to the cat bypass pipes because I was encouraged to do so by my mechanic. He thinks they help the engine breath better.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Checking in on the Fabspeed GB

Any news?

Quick Reply: Was laying low on the Fabspeed Group Buy until....Road Test!!!