Centre Console Courtesy Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Centre Console Courtesy Lights

Hi,

I hope you guys don't mind me posting over here as I'm normally on the 964 forum but what I ask is essentially a 993 "upgrade". I say "upgrade" as you may laugh at the request.....!!

I'm fitting the one piece lower dash to my 90 964 (which had the simpler RS style lower panels) as I think it's neater and it hides all the wiring a bit better. Anyway........I have noticed that the later 993's have extra courtesy lights installed either side of the central tunnel a foot or so forward of the switch banks. I would like to install these while I have the console out of the car and was wondering if anyone knows what is involved to get the working?

I would like them to obviously work as the factory lights do. Can the factory fit ones be set to come on when the door is opened along the one above the door and be switched off completely when the door lights are switched "hard off" or vice-versa?

I would be most gratelul if someone could explain what wiring needs to be done to achieve this. I think in essense it may be quite simple but I don't want to set the car alight trying without some advice....

Cheers,

Gary

Quick Reply: Centre Console Courtesy Lights