Sponsored by:

OMG!!! Nice C2S for $29k - SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
Can't see myself driving a tip either but at that price/condition my expectations clearly loosen up. What were the details on the C4S? Sounds as though there might have been issues? If so, were they related to the superchargers?
The place that advertised it was 10 mins from my job, by the time I called (next day or so since someone had pmed me to go look at it), it was long gone. It was at a non pcar used car lot.

This was the thread https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/279341-cheap-4s-with-over-500hp.html
Old 03-30-2007, 10:44 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
A real estate analogy? No way. Not sure which one's worse--the original or yours.

Car values don't behave in any way like house values.
That was my point.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Peter R.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over here Land Rover Defender prices are becoming really inflated. Funny thing is, when one shows up for a correct price, no one wants to touch it with a barge pole for fear of it being a dud.

Peter R.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,109 Likes on 1,815 Posts

A real estate analogy? No way. Not sure which one's worse--the original or yours.

I agree. Yes, there is a big price difference between low-mile and higher-mile S cars but unless you're the kind of guy who likes to buy toys to keep them in a glass cabinet, WHO CARES??? So long as it's been well taken care of, I could care less if a car has 30 or 70k mi, especially if it means a savings of $30k. And no, tip does not result in a $30k discount. No matter which way you cut it, this was a very good deal...a rare C2S for the price of a 95 plain vanilla C2 with 80k mi.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

I agree. Yes, there is a big price difference between low-mile and higher-mile S cars but unless you're the kind of guy who likes to buy toys to keep them in a glass cabinet, WHO CARES??? So long as it's been well taken care of, I could care less if a car has 30 or 70k mi, especially if it means a savings of $30k. And no, tip does not result in a $30k discount. No matter which way you cut it, this was a very good deal...a rare C2S for the price of a 95 plain vanilla C2 with 80k mi.
and with new tires...and no 3k+ clutch job..let me stop..lol
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Most people care...and the prices reflect that.

The price of this particular car reflects the low desireability of the exterior color, the interior color, the transmission and the very high mileage.

This should surprise no one.

Still a great price for a daily driver.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:56 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Hmmm..so how long was the car for sale?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Most people care...and the prices reflect that.

The price of this particular car reflects the low desireability of the exterior color, the interior color, the transmission and the very high mileage.

This should surprise no one.

Still a great price for a daily driver.
Sorry, gotta disagree.

"Most" is not correct. The market for $60k or even $50k C2S cars is not that big.

There is nothing wrong with white, some people like cashmere and tip should be a $3k discount. The mileage is not "very high", it's just about average in my estimate. It's not low, but it's not high either.

A C2S for $29k is surprising, which is why this thread has attracted so much attention.

I agree that it's a great price for a daily driver.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Point being is some people believe that things are acutally worth more than they are. Just because data shows houses in my zip code are up 30% in the past 1.5 years (which they are), doesnt mean my house is worth 30% more. Just because someone's C2S or C4S sells with low miles sells for $50k, doesnt mean that every one is worth $50k. Every 97 C2S (tip) with 89k on them are now worth $29.5k if that were to be true.

I guess the real point being, who gives a ****. Its fricken car.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Great news! Looking forward to pictures!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:02 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry, gotta disagree.

"Most" is not correct. The market for $60k or even $50k C2S cars is not that big.

There is nothing wrong with white, some people like cashmere and tip should be a $3k discount. The mileage is not "very high", it's just about average in my estimate. It's not low, but it's not high either.

A C2S for $29k is surprising, which is why this thread has attracted so much attention.

I agree that it's a great price for a daily driver.

Feel free to disagree but people in this business have far more people LOOKING for pristine cars than people SELLING pristine cars....that makes it a seller's market for a pristine car. You may think that 80K or 90K is not high but in this segment, anything over 30K is high.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Point being is some people believe that things are acutally worth more than they are. Just because data shows houses in my zip code are up 30% in the past 1.5 years (which they are), doesnt mean my house is worth 30% more. Just because someone's C2S or C4S sells with low miles sells for $50k, doesnt mean that every one is worth $50k. Every 97 C2S (tip) with 89k on them are now worth $29.5k if that were to be true.

I guess the real point being, who gives a ****. Its fricken car.

This is an abnormality in the market, just like the low mileage versions selling for well over $70K are as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Congrats, ledd4u. I called a friend about this car and advised him it would sell within 48 hours. He is just at the early Porsche shopping stage of thinking, talking, browsing ads. He rebuilt/restored a 70's 911 some years ago. It took so much time from his family life that he is put off by a "high miles" anything. Especially when I tell him just set aside $7K for an engine rebuild - if the worst happens within say, another 50K miles - and $3K for deferred maintenace/mods. So he is all over the place - '99 996, '03 Boxster, but nervous about an under $30K 993S, even though he wants a Tip.

My car is 33K miles past the first top end rebuild, and I am loving it more than ever. Every year I drive it, it becomes worth more to me than to somebody else. Now, there is value with no cash outlay!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Pristine is not the domain of low mile cars. There are many examples (especially on this board) of very well cared for 80k mi cars. Obviously most people looking for 993s are looking for as good condition and low mileage as possible since most tend to be of a certain understanding as to what these cars represent. That said, the market for sub 30k mi cars and average mi cars is obviously different but it doesn't take away from the fact that an 80k mi tip C2S in what appears to be excellent condition (from the pics and the buyer's reps) is going to make a whole lot of friggin' sense to a whole lot of people when sub 30k mi cars sell for twice as much.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
This is an abnormality in the market, just like the low mileage versions selling for well over $70K are as well.
Well said, as there is a bell curve to most populations.

Quick Reply: OMG!!! Nice C2S for $29k - SOLD