Sponsored by:

OMG!!! Nice C2S for $29k - SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Beezr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the plus side, Carfax indicates just 1 owner...
Old 03-30-2007, 12:46 AM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

If someone living in FL near this dealer check it out and tell us all.
Less than $30K for C2S? Where were you when I was looking???
Is this too good to be true? Isn't WHITE suppose to have the most powerful engine next to Polar Silver?
Tan interior, most of us can live with I think...
Chrome wheel can probably be replaced easily...
Old 03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
993Dude
Advanced

Guys please - its cashmere leather not "tan". Sheesh...

For 90K miles the interior is in amazing condition from the pics.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:01 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Dude
Guys please - its cashmere leather not "tan". Sheesh...

For 90K miles the interior is in amazing condition from the pics.
+1..the car was bought to be driven..right..
Old 03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ledd4u
Well you folks stole my thunder I bought it and it's awesome! I was going to post pictures and I will. I bought it this past Monday and brought it home last night. This car is absouletly in impecable shape.
Congrats...see low miles are so overrated...
Old 03-30-2007, 09:37 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I was getting ready to contact the seller until I saw "Automatic."
Old 03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

If "overrated" = "worth $30K less" than you are correct.

As a daily driver I would have bought it also.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Congrats...see low miles are so overrated...
Congrats!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,109 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Well you folks stole my thunder I bought it and it's awesome! I was going to post pictures and I will. I bought it this past Monday and brought it home last night. This car is absolutely impeccable!. The interior is almost as new as my daily 06 TL, which I may add is also white with tan interior. Tiptronic was a plus for me and my wife. This car is worth more than what I paid no doubt. From the research I performed, it was maintained at Porsche of Orlando. I also read here in Rennlist that opportunities like this come by once in a blue moon so I jumped on it. The chrome wheels actually look good and the tires all are brand new. I am looking for an original CDR 210 to replace the Blaupunkt/Ipod/Xm radio that’s installed. It also has a front and rear radar that's going out. The 86k mileage did not bother me that much. I had seen cars with less mileage that the previous owner should have been shot for lack of maintenance among other things.
KBB!!!!!
Congratulations...you probably bought the cheapest C2S ever transacted (so far as I can acascertain anyway). I actually called the dealer this morning (it was closed yesterday when I posted) to get more details as I was getting my head wrapped around buying a tip car with chrome wheels and cashmere interior (far from ideal for me) and he told me it was sold and picked up yesterday. He also told me it was impeccable as you described. Enjoy it in good health and post pics as soon as you can!!!

Last edited by Wilder; 03-30-2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: change in topic
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
Congratulations...you probably bought the cheapest C2S ever transacted (so far as I can acascertain anyway). I actually called the dealer this morning (it was closed yesterday when I posted) to get more details as I was getting my head wrapped around buying a tip car with chrome wheels and cashmere interior (far from ideal for me) and he told me it was sold and picked up yesterday. He also told me it was impeccable as you described. Enjoy it in good health and post pics as soon as you can!!!

There was a supercharged C4S that sold a few months back for $27K+. Not a C2S but still a WB.

I drove manuals for about 30 years or so..you can still row with the tip, just not side to side..lol
Old 03-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,109 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
There was a supercharged C4S that sold a few months back for $27K+. Not a C2S but still a WB.

I drove manuals for about 30 years or so..you can still row with the tip, just not side to side..lol
Can't see myself driving a tip either but at that price/condition my expectations clearly loosen up. What were the details on the C4S? Sounds as though there might have been issues? If so, were they related to the superchargers?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great example of a good value on a nice C2S. Good to see, from a buyers prospective, not so good for those who are selling. Those not selling, it shouldnt make a bit of difference.

Sometimes car prices remind me a of the mortgage fraud/home values that goes on quite a bit today. "Get in quick, you will miss out before it goes up" Try to inflate the value, over appraise it, get people to buy into the hype, and the next thing you know you just relaized you bought the hype and now your F$%^*. Not really screwed but you drank the cool-aid. And then you see this C2S for like $30k and say "Oh my God, I cant believe it." Its an ego buster for some. Patience pays off when buying.

Ok, cars and homes are two opposiste sides of the spectrums but they generally are the 2 biggest purchases people tend to make and emotions play quite a bit in both.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you folks stole my thunder I bought it and it's awesome! I was going to post pictures and I will. I bought it this past Monday and brought it home last night. This car is absolutely impeccable!. The interior is almost as new as my daily 06 TL, which I may add is also white with tan interior. Tiptronic was a plus for me and my wife. This car is worth more than what I paid no doubt. From the research I performed, it was maintained at Porsche of Orlando. I also read here in Rennlist that opportunities like this come by once in a blue moon so I jumped on it. The chrome wheels actually look good and the tires all are brand new. I am looking for an original CDR 210 to replace the Blaupunkt/Ipod/Xm radio that’s installed. It also has a front and rear radar that's going out. The 86k mileage did not bother me that much. I had seen cars with less mileage that the previous owner should have been shot for lack of maintenance among other things.
KBB!!!!!
Fiip it to Wilhoit for a $8K profit.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Great example of a good value on a nice C2S. Good to see, from a buyers prospective, not so good for those who are selling. Those not selling, it shouldnt make a bit of difference.

Sometimes car prices remind me a of the mortgage fraud/home values that goes on quite a bit today. "Get in quick, you will miss out before it goes up" Try to inflate the value, over appraise it, get people to buy into the hype, and the next thing you know you just relaized you bought the hype and now your F$%^*. Not really screwed but you drank the cool-aid. And then you see this C2S for like $30k and say "Oh my God, I cant believe it." Its an ego buster for some. Patience pays off when buying.

Ok, cars and homes are two opposiste sides of the spectrums but they generally are the 2 biggest purchases people tend to make.

I doubt this is an ego buster.....this car is no more a valid comp to a low mileage example than a house in Michigan is a comp to Greenwich, Ct.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
I doubt this is an ego buster.....this car is no more a valid comp to a low mileage example than a house in Michigan is a comp to Greenwich, Ct.
A real estate analogy? No way. Not sure which one's worse--the original or yours.

Car values don't behave in any way like house values.

Quick Reply: OMG!!! Nice C2S for $29k - SOLD