Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver 993 Pocher model on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:59 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

There must have been 20 or so sold on Ebay in the past 6 months.

These are pretty involved kits and I have built 5 of them. Including the Rolls, MB 550, Alfa and Fiat. Most of them I built back 30 years ago. They make for a great show piece in your family room or den.

There are also many options you can add. Like custom recaro seating and just about anything else you can think of including custom machined wheels and tires if you search Ebay. Some of the Ferrari models I have seen built have over a thousand dollars of extras added to the kits. Including Tubi exhaust and all sorts of goodies.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Anthony,

I would say more like 40 or 50 if you include ROW and only about about four or five were silver kits. There was even a really rare yellow one that, assuming it is not a repainted black shell, is actually a really horrible pale yellow. The earlier car models are way more complex than the 993 and can go for serious money, especially the Bugatti ones. I looked at and rejected a kit ten years ago due to the basic looking detailing and it was only when I saw all the detailing kits (plus now owning a silver 993) that I bought one. Some of the German parts are great - lowering kits, BBS alloys, race seats, roll cages, spoilers, decals, detailed metal windscreen wipers, carpets, mats, etc, etc. There are at least three engine detailing kits and you can always make your own parts (I'm going to try recreating my sports cats and exhausts). Two things I'm pondering are can I convert mine to RHD and can I make a turbo front PU.

Cheers,

David
Old 03-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the silver one below on it's way to me from a fellow Kiwi. IIRC the Midnight Blue color was the lowest volume color produced.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mates Midnight Blue 993
Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Caveman
Hi Anthony,

I would say more like 40 or 50 if you include ROW and only about about four or five were silver kits. There was even a really rare yellow one that, assuming it is not a repainted black shell, is actually a really horrible pale yellow. The earlier car models are way more complex than the 993 and can go for serious money, especially the Bugatti ones. I looked at and rejected a kit ten years ago due to the basic looking detailing and it was only when I saw all the detailing kits (plus now owning a silver 993) that I bought one. Some of the German parts are great - lowering kits, BBS alloys, race seats, roll cages, spoilers, decals, detailed metal windscreen wipers, carpets, mats, etc, etc. There are at least three engine detailing kits and you can always make your own parts (I'm going to try recreating my sports cats and exhausts). Two things I'm pondering are can I convert mine to RHD and can I make a turbo front PU.

Cheers,

David

It is so cool that they make a 993 kit for you guys. I wish they made a 964 turbo kit. I would be making a model that was a duplicate of my car but no such luck.

The Bugatti was the other one i forgot about. I built my first Pocher kit at the age of 13 and I remember spending 5 hours on one wheel fitting all the spokes in place. IIRC the spoked wheels on the RR had over 200 pieces each wheel.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ 9elven
My mates Midnight Blue 993
You have to love the size and detail, looks great.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes; with a bit of love and care they can look very good.

Quick Reply: Silver 993 Pocher model on Ebay