Attaching New Aerokit 1b Skirts (Rocker Panels) - My Bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Attaching New Aerokit 1b Skirts (Rocker Panels) - My Bad

I bought Aerokit 1b (not RS) side skirts. Do they install as the OEM ones or do they need something special. My body shop wants to use silicone to attach the rocker panels.

And yes, like a bonehead I posted the same question but stated "RS" instead of Aerokit 1b. Oh well.....
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 AM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,

I had the same aerokit 1B side skirts installed last summer. The body shop told me they used the same screw holes as the previous original side skirts. Mine are not attached in the inner right rear wheel well in order to remove the cover for oil changes. I bought mine from Gert and they did include the silicon adhesive to attach the upper portion of the side skirts to the lower body panels. below is a picture of the final outcome. I think they look great on NB cars, good choice.

Jon
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhale
Chuck,

Mine are not attached in the inner right rear wheel well in order to remove the cover for oil changes.
Jon
jON.. Thanks for the info.. I don't have the car in front of me.. If they attach the the right hand side one I can get to the large oil filter and drain plug without removing the side skirt?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Chuck PM Sent
Old 02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arena993
Chuck PM Sent
Just got off the phone with Mike... All questions have been answered.

Thanks Mike..... As has been said in the past, I love this place.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Just got off the phone with Mike... All questions have been answered.

Thanks Mike..... As has been said in the past, I love this place.
Glad I could help. Now get those skirts on and post PICS!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
jhale
Pro

Chuck,

Mike helped me as well with mine. You should put his # on speed dial when tackeling these types of projects. I really like the look of these side skirts on NB cars. I think Mike installed them on both of his cabs as well. Mike, do you have any pictures of how you attached the side skirts to the wheel well covers in the rear?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by jhale
Chuck,

Mike helped me as well with mine. You should put his # on speed dial when tackeling these types of projects. I really like the look of these side skirts on NB cars. I think Mike installed them on both of his cabs as well. Mike, do you have any pictures of how you attached the side skirts to the wheel well covers in the rear?
Sorry I do not. The mounting is pretty self explanatory. I do not have the skirts in the shop with me or I would do a mock up for you. They are at the body shop getting primed. If I can when they install I take pics of the process. I will create a DIY on these since I have helped some others install them. Once you do the job you could do it in your sleep. I tell you the hardest thing I have done on these conversions was getting the rear seats out of a cab for the RSD install. That my friend is a PITA.

Mike
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
jcoll1
Advanced

Mike-ever think about putting on a class (tech session) on converting cabs to your Old Yeller/Blackhorse specs? Kinda Like RUF conversion!! Leland has the LPMM's and you could be famous for the Cab's. I have been watching/reading/pouring over your posts on these conversions and would like to have something identical!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by jcoll1
Mike-ever think about putting on a class (tech session) on converting cabs to your Old Yeller/Blackhorse specs? Kinda Like RUF conversion!! Leland has the LPMM's and you could be famous for the Cab's. I have been watching/reading/pouring over your posts on these conversions and would like to have something identical!
jcoll1:

from the time I get the car til it is ready for sale takes 3-4 months. I can't begin to tell you all the things that you have to do, but it is worth it. The finished product always shows well. I have had 4 PMs an selling Old Yeller already, but it is staying with me for now. I always regretted selling this car. I am not letting it slip away again. PM me your number and I can give you all the particulars on the conversion. I can do it and you are pretty close to me.

Mike

Quick Reply: Attaching New Aerokit 1b Skirts (Rocker Panels) - My Bad