Sponsored by:

This will end up being a bargain

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This will end up being a bargain

I just did my top end (like a week and a half ago) or I'd be interested. Even for parts, it could be a steal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...83963007QQrdZ1
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Naah, Steve Timmons'll snap it up if it's going cheap.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

That's a scam. Broken english, seller has never sold anything before (all purchases of stuff like dresses & bad art). I'm betting the seller has 2 more available if you want them, shipped from his other home in Ukraine...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm originally from near Gray, TN... I'm curious to see how he answers my request for local inspection and pickup!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
KLSpeed27
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael S.
I'm originally from near Gray, TN... I'm curious to see how he answers my request for local inspection and pickup!
Let us know what he says...
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the seller's reply - gee... he has several more with lower miles for $2000 or $1600 INCLUDING shipping, and some turbos....just send money to Europe, Ukraine, etc......

" Hi,
Thank you for your email.
You will get the complete swap with everything you need to install it to your car.The swap is fully tested and is in excellent condition.All the papers are included, the milage is 12000 miles,the year is 1998.Wiring harness,ECU,tranny,cables,axels,hoses, mounts etc are included.
Actually I have 2 more same swaps available for the immediate sale so you do not have to bid on ebay, you can just buy it immediatelly from me.I will accept 2000 USD total including shipping for the motor.Two other engines are located in Europe and will be shipped to the customers from there.The story is that I have opened a store in Ukraine nearly a year ago and wanted to make some money.But it was not a good idea and I have big troubles with that store right now.So I am closing it and have to pay some debts and fees to the government.That is why I need each dollar I have to send it to my partner in Ukraine so he can pay for everything.So you can make payment to my partner in Europe dirrectly and the shipping will be iniciated either from Ukraine or from the US.In case you buy the motor from the store in Europe , my partner will prepare and ship you the engine within a day.Anyway I planed to ship all the motors back to the US and my partner have already prepared everything for the delivery and moved the motors to the shipping company's store.Now the only thing the shipper needs to start the delivery is buyer's shipping info. The shipping will take 7-8 days so it is no longer than the shipping between states in the US.Besides, the shipping will be iniciated first and I will give you the tracking number to track the item with the shippier.And the payment will be done after you check the shipping status.
The swaps from Europe are ABSOLUTELLY THE SAME, WITH SAME SPECS, and their milage is 8500 and 11000 miles.
And the most pleasant thing for the buyer is a discount which I offer to every customer who buy the motor from my European store and make payment dirrectly to my partner.In this case I will accept 1600 USD total including shipping for the swap.It is really a good price for this engine so do not loose such a nice opportunity.

Please email me asap if you are interested so I can reserve one swap for you.

Thank you,
Christopher

p.s. I have 2 Porsche 1997 993 3.6 twin turbo complete swaps ready for the immediate sale.I have some financial problems with my store in Europe.I am closing it at the moment and need funds asap to pay out bank credits there.So if you buy this motor I will accept 3200 USD total shipped to your address."
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

What a total scam....
Old 02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Yeah. Too bad.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
jmreiser
Instructor

Originally Posted by ed devinney
That's a scam. Broken english, seller has never sold anything before (all purchases of stuff like dresses & bad art). I'm betting the seller has 2 more available if you want them, shipped from his other home in Ukraine...
Were you joking? Good call!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:40 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seen this on Ebay a number of times.

I encourage someone to buy into this so I can laugh at them and say " I told you so"
Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Usually the scam is for a turbo engine and the picture they use is highjacked from the LA Porsche Dismantlers website. I have reported about 4 of these and they get pulled down pretty quickly. This one though is a little different....not a turbo, they actually have a "story" in the ad as to why it is available. My guess is they never actually scam the successful bidder as the ads never stay up to the end of the bidding period...they try to get someone to fall for the "other" engine outside of the the Ebay system.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
I encourage someone to buy into this so I can laugh at them and say " I told you so"
I did on the TT engine, just waiting for it to arrive....
Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

I emailed the seller and asked "What is the VIN #" and Ebay contacted sent me this. Now the item is removed.

"I told you so". Sound familiar?

Our records indicate that you received an email from 1brokepainter through our Contact eBay Member or Ask Seller a Question feature. Please be aware that the email might contain a fraudulent offer to purchase or sell an item outside of eBay. We recommend not responding to the sender because the email might be an attempt to obtain your email address.

If you have already completed a transaction with a person who has asked that you take the transaction outside of eBay or if you are a seller who has already shipped an item to the buyer and the transaction was completed outside of eBay, we suggest you take the following steps:

1. Contact the payment service that you used to make the purchase. If you paid by credit card, most card issuers provide consumer protection in online fraud cases.

2. Please complete the Item Bought Outside of eBay form or the Item Sold Outside of eBay form. To access these forms, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-fraud-non-ebay.html

Click the "Item Bought Outside of eBay form" or the "Item Sold Outside of eBay form" link. Enter your information in the following page and then click the "Submit" button. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement in case an investigation occurs.

3. If you were the seller and shipped the item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the shipping carrier that you used because the company may be able to assist you further. If you sent the item through the U.S. Postal Service, file a mail fraud claim. To do so, please visit:

/csg/p?www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/

4. Contact the local law enforcement where you sent your payment or where you sent the item. The authorities where the seller or the buyer lives might be able to provide additional assistance. To find local law enforcement, visit:

/csg/p?www.usacops.com/

To protect your email and your eBay account, we recommend that you follow these safety tips:

- Do *not* respond to the sender either through the eBay system or your email account. An offer to buy or sell an item outside of eBay is against our policies, might be fraudulent, and will not be covered by eBay protection programs.

- If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item that you recently bid on, check My Messages to confirm whether the offer is legitimate. Valid Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and a subject stating, ?eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...." If you receive a Second Chance Offer directly in your personal email and it is not in My Messages, that means it is not a legitimate offer. If a Second Chance Offer appears in My Messages with a subject line of ?Message from eBay Member,? it is not a legitimate Second Chance Offer. Before responding to a Second Chance Offer, make sure it contains both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of ?eBay Second Chance Offer for Item?.?

- Never pay for an eBay item using instant cash, wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It?s against the eBay Accepted Payments policy for a seller to request payment using these methods. They are unsafe, especially if you're paying someone whom you don?t know.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
Old 02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I did on the TT engine, just waiting for it to arrive....
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!

Im pretty sure you are just joking.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the same scammer trying to sell the TT engine. The reply that I got from him was almost identical and he is still willing to sell me a TT motor too! That is why I reported the bastard about 2 days ago. I just wish they would arrest the SOB.

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
You will get the complete swap with everything you need to install it to your car.The swap is fully tested and is in excellent condition.All the papers are included, the milage is 4000 miles,the year is 1997 .The tranny is LSD.Wiring harness,ECU,cables,axels,hoses, mounts etc are included.
Actually I have 2 more same swaps available for the immediate sale so you do not have to bid on ebay, you can just buy it immediatelly from me.I will accept 2000 USD total including shipping for the motor.Two other engines are located in Europe and will be shipped to the customers from there.The story is that I have opened a store in Ukraine nearly a year ago and wanted to make some money.But it was not a good idea and I have big troubles with that store right now.So I am closing it and have to pay some debts and fees to the government.That is why I need each dollar I have to send it to my partner in Ukraine so he can pay for everything.So you can make payment to my partner in Europe dirrectly and the shipping will be iniciated either from Ukraine or from the US.In case you buy the motor from Ukraine , my partner will prepare and ship you the engine within a day.Anyway I planed to ship all the motors back to the US and my partner have already prepared everything for the delivery and moved the motors to the shipping company's store.Now the only thing the shipper needs to start the delivery is buyer's shipping info. The shipping will take 7-8 days so it is no longer than the shipping between states in the US.Besides, the shipping will be iniciated first and I will give you the tracking number to track the item with the shippier.And the payment will be done after you check the shipping status.
The swaps from Europe are ABSOLUTELLY THE SAME, WITH SAME SPECS, and their milage is 8500 and 11000 miles.
And the most pleasant thing for the buyer is a discount which I offer to every customer who buy the motor from my European store and make payment dirrectly to my partner.In this case I will accept 1600 USD total including shipping for the swap.It is really a good price for this engine so do not loose such a nice opportunity.

Please email me asap if you are interested so I can reserve one swap for you.

Thank you,
Christopher

p.s. I have 2 Porsche 1997 993 3.6 twin turbo complete swaps ready for the immediate sale.I have some financial problems with my store in Europe.I am closing it at the moment and need funds asap to pay out bank credits there.So if you buy this motor I will accept 3200 USD total shipped to your address.

Quick Reply: This will end up being a bargain