Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

So, again, what is your budget for increasing your redline?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ED thks, the info doent rub me the wrong way its how its being presented. the statement you just said is fine and thats all im asking for its all the the other b.s i can do without. to say fix your alignment buy spinning your car into a curb does not answer the question. the statement you made answers it and leads to asking you for more detail ( a mature conversation) and by the way the camber came out fine.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

who said anything about a budget i was just asking a question to make a informed decision. but if one can bring the RL to 7~7.2 k safely and the engine will pull up to that point they when i have my chip redone on the dyno to tune the engine ill have them do it then. but fron what im hearing it maybe safe to go to 7k not sure if its worth it.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:36 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by S4-on-your-back-door
if you could change the rev limiter setting at wat rpm does a stock 993 stop producing useable power. wat mods would have to be made to rev engine out to 8 grand while still making useable power?
I thought it was 8k??
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who said anything about a budget i was just asking a question to make a informed decision. but if one can bring the RL to 7~7.2 k safely and the engine will pull up to that point they when i have my chip redone on the dyno to tune the engine ill have them do it then. but fron what im hearing it maybe safe to go to 7k not sure if its worth it.
Man........do you not listen?

do not pay attention to the red line on a porsche tach.......its wrong!!!!
Do what ever you think...........might be right!.......most of the n00obs here are wrong, and have been just hanging around for the sake of hanging around.

IIRC....your tach goes to what 10k?........that is the real redline.....DO NOT LET ANYONE FOOL YOU........you are smarter, and better looking than anyone else here. No One Knows more than you. WHen they invented Rennlist.....it was for you to make all other look sTupid.......You rock. you Rule, you are da mang!!!!.......................................Please never subject us to your crap again...........................K?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 AM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

fillipe you must be a noob tac only goes to 8k. chris i never said anything about a 8k budget? pls reread first post. bottom line is just this.. question simple asked how much can one increase the RV on a stock NA engine before losing usable hp ie. my car pulls hard all the way to 6.8k. it feels like it could go to 7~7.2k before dropping off. I simple wanted to know if anyone has tried this SAFELY. 2 Q was what mods would have to be done to tac to 8k, that was it in a nut shell and CHRIS you have answered that thks . i only questioned being told that at 7k (only 200 more rpms) that the engine would throw a rod and would start to hav valve float, tyhat would mean Porsche was cutting it very close and thats not like them to do that, they normally over engineer thier cars. at this point i thank all that for thier insight and ill have to say thats the end for this tread
Old 02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Go easy on the kid, it sounds like English is maybe his 3rd or 4th language.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

The return of GhettoRacer? (just joking, no insult intended)
Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can I drove your car?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 409 Posts

In all honesty, after it was mentioned earlier, I realized that it's very likely that English is S4's second language and he's really doing pretty well with it. A little awkward, but pretty good considering how difficult English is to learn if you've not been immersed in it from infancy. I wish I could speak/write a second language remotely as well. If that's the case, I applaud the effort.

Last edited by jimbo3; 02-12-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

is it just me or are half the people on this board really dont know anything about the car they drive and they try to hide it by just being sarcastic or saying it cant be done take it to a speicalist. Its seems to me that a lot of people out here have pulled second mortages and bought someone elses used car and they now they think that thier somehow part of the elite class. Please its just a used car so come down of your high horse now if you go out and pay cash for a new 300k+ GT then your the elite and i tip my hat to you but untill then your just a regular joe so at like one.
Way to win friends and influence people!!! Does this political approach really work for you in life? I think everyone in some way answered your idiotic question... As for me, I feel you should go ahead and rev it up until it blows then your question is truly answered... After all, as you put it, it's just a used car...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

S4, do you and your wife have horses?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

This whole thread has to be a wind up ! Be careful guys that he doent get too much amusement !!

Geoff
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Red rooster
This whole thread has to be a wind up ! Be careful guys that he doent get too much amusement !!

Geoff
Nah, I think he's for real.

S4- let me politely suggest that in the future, you approach Rennlist with a bit of humility. Second, that you actively listen to people's answers. People will respect your questions only for as long as you respect their answers. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't believe you all haven't figured this out yet. The answer is...

Quick Reply: remove the rev limiter