Sponsored by:

Interior opinions/help - Pimp my ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:54 AM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993James993
I would leave it alone and get some mods that matter.
+1
Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any pics with the grey or blue mats?

Originally Posted by allill
I've got the same interior color combo and it doesn't bother me at all. I'd like to get a new steering wheel in black or blue as long as it's three spoke. My car has leather so the dash, consoles & panels are what they are. I have matching grey mats as well as blue ones and I dig the grey more.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I'm a big fan of the business-like look of a black interior but think all you have to do is get a three-spoke 996 wheel like Ted's, and you'll be good to go. My $0.02.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

When I bought my Cab it had midnight blue interior. After awhile I learned to hate it. A few changes and I was pleased with the results. I added black seats (hard back sport seats) a three-spoke steering wheel (Leather CF) black floor mats, and color changed the dash, doors and console with surflex.

I have seen soon great color changes with surflex on this board. A search will reveal them. The two tone cashmere and black are some of the best. Do what makes you happy. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
rw229
Pro

I don't hate the interior, it just seems to need "something". A total makeover is out of the question, I need to save for more important mods like suspension.

Thanks for everyones input, I think I'll start with a black wheel and some matching mats. If anyone has a black wheel or grey mats laying around, please let me know!

Chuck W.]When I bought my Cab it had midnight blue interior. After awhile I learned to hate it. A few changes and I was pleased with the results. I added black seats (hard back sport seats) a three-spoke steering wheel (Leather CF) black floor mats, and color changed the dash, doors and console with surflex.

I have seen soon great color changes with surflex on this board. A search will reveal them. The two tone cashmere and black are some of the best. Do what makes you happy. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by rw229; 02-04-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rw229
If anyone has a black wheel please let me know!
Found this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/porsc...rdZ1QQtcZphoto
Old 02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
rw229
Pro

Thanks! It's a 4-spoke, but for the money, I'm on it!

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone has a black wheel or grey mats laying around, please let me know!
rw,
I think I still have my original grey mats somewhere in the garage. I'll check and post pics.
They come from a Classic Grey interior so they will be darker than yours.

I'll send them to you for free if you decide you want them.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
rw229
Pro

Sweet! Thanks!

I have no idea what shade of grey I have, but it's actually darker in person than in the pics.

Does anybody know what the interior code WQ is? (can't find it searching here and other sources)

Originally Posted by Blue Ocean
rw,
I think I still have my original grey mats somewhere in the garage. I'll check and post pics.
They come from a Classic Grey interior so they will be darker than yours.

I'll send them to you for free if you decide you want them.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Does anybody know what the interior code WQ is? (can't find it searching here and other sources)
I found the following question and answer on a PCA site:

Question:
I recently purchased my '95 993. It is a beautiful very dark metallic charcoal gray. People have asked what the name of the color is. The code on sticker says L23F with the interior WQ. What did Porsche call these colors in 1995? The interior is actually light gray with blue dash and headliner. Which gray is WQ? I don't want to order the wrong color mats or shifter replacement. Thanks in advance for your help!

Answer:
According to the color chart his exterior gray is likely slate gray metallic listed as Q9 in the color charts and his interior Marble gray since he describes it as light in shade and with blue dash. The other interior gray - classic gray came with matching color dash. The Marble gray cast too light a reflection on the dash so couldn't be used there and you had to go with either black or midnight blue.

The order book indicates these "option codes" are Q9Q9 for exterior. The WQ is listed as the code for leatherette seats with leather inlays for Marble gray seats, carpet and side panels with midnight blue roofliner/trim (which includes dashtop, kneebar, roofliner, A & B pillars, sunvisors, door window sills front & rear and backwall top section in leatherette trim color.

Not sure what the L means in the paint color but the Workshop Manual lists 23F as Slate Gray metallic with the F signifying it is water based paint (and, therefore, I think, clear coated). This compares favorably with the white label on the underside of my trunk lid for Riviera Blue which indicates L39E and TT for non water based paint Riviera Blue and Classic Gray sport seats - leather seating surfaces and side bolsters.

Hope this helps. FYI I probably have every piece of sales, ordering and media info written about the 1995 intro year 993 and don't mind sharing the info from there.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM
rw229
Pro

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
The WQ is listed as the code for leatherette seats with leather inlays for Marble gray seats, carpet and side panels with midnight blue roofliner/trim (which includes dashtop, kneebar, roofliner, A & B pillars, sunvisors, door window sills front & rear and backwall top section in leatherette trim color.
That would be it. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

rw,
Sorry for the false hope.
I looked all around but couldn't find the mats.
They have gotten tossed a while back.

Chuck is correct. You have Marble grey.

Sweet! Thanks!

I have no idea what shade of grey I have, but it's actually darker in person than in the pics.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be late to the party but I have a black 4 spoke without airbag. PM if interested!

I do agree that the wheel and shifter will calm it down a lot. You always can do the performance mods too.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same thing with the black brake and alum. shifter

I like the way mine looks to me.

Last edited by rcwelch; 02-05-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Randy, I like the Tip shifter cover and hand brake where did you get them?

Quick Reply: Interior opinions/help - Pimp my ride