Sponsored by:

Hunting high and low.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hunting high and low.....

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Holt Motorsports, PA?

Seems from other posts its a decent shop, perhaps a little overpriced.

Really appreciate advice from folks that may have bought or sold from this shop.

Apologies for the boring subject, but very much appreciate input

Thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 11:58 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a search for that dealer. I can't remember any negatives about him. He always has a good selection of 993's. I have talked to him a couple of times and he answered all questions and seemed serious about his business.
Good luck.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:08 AM
dhicks
Drifting

I talked with him a couple of times before I bought my car (from elsewhere - he was about 5K overpriced on a car very similar to the car I bought) he seems a really nice guy and seemed to know what he was talking about. His cars are maybe a little pricey but he does seem to get some nice well cared for cars......I know two people that have bought from him (one is two offices down from me) and said he was very honest and starightforward to deal will.....I have no affiliation nor do I have any axe to grind....the views expressed are....etc etc
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Tim Holt

In my experience is someone who can be trusted....to the extent you can trust a used car dealer. I have known Tim for years and I bought a '95 993 Cab. from him sight unseen two years ago. The car later had issues, but it was nothing Tim could have known about. After a few thousand miles, gaskets began to leak and the clutch was hanging up; however, in all fairness, this had been a summer driver that sat nine months of the year. Since it was a car for my wife, who likely impacted the clutch, I traded it for a '02 996 Cab. with tiptronic.......although Tim offered to address the issues and or buy the Porsche back

Tim will negotiate, he is a mechanic, he is an active racer and he really knows the 911SC, 964 and 993 Porsche models. He is a family man and he is honest in my opinion.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
eswartz
Intermediate

I was looking at a 964 near Tim's shop. While on a test drive, my girlfriend driving at the time, I saw his shop and told her to pull a U-turn. Tim and I got to talking and he offered to look at the car. He brought up some great points about the 964 and pointed out the problems with the model. He got me turned onto a 993. Although the car's he had in stock were a little out of my price range, he still offered to look at any car I was testing in the area. It turns out that I ended up buying C4 from a guy online who had bought it several years before from Tim. My 993 has all maintenance records and has been a real blast. He was a straight shooter and a real pleasure.

Quick Reply: Hunting high and low.....