Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no bumperettes... the slippery slope... WIDEBODY 993 S CAB... does my ass look fat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

That job looked like one big leap of faith and it turned out great.

Steve R
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Widebody cab looks real good. Gives it a serious look. I like it.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:33 AM
TCallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice on the Techart brake duct kit and not some trashy parts You might want to adjust your wiper arms, they are a bit too far apart from each other but make sure that you have the factory positioning grommet between them.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 252 Posts

That butt belongs in this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=fat+asses

Very nice!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 252 Posts

That butt belongs in this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=fat+asses

Very nice!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:11 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Wow, looks fantastic. I wish my midnight blue looked so shiny. Congrats on the great outcome.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:22 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

the car looks awesome......you should change those weak tips though, just to complete the mean rear phat ***.......mine are on order
Old 01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

absolutely gorgeous! who did the work for you?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
roebedo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks absolutely amazing! Congrats! I'm going through a small facelift my self. re-spray and some touch-ups, adding a turbo s wing also. I should get the car back sometime in mid. Feb.

I'm also having new inner fenders installed; I hope this small detail will give the car a more "brand new" look.
Attached Images    
Old 01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
scat
Racer

Allill, the car looks really good.Congrats!
Where can one buy the conversion bits for a wide body?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 PM
allill
Drifting

Thanks everybody for the comments, I really appreciate it.

Steve, it did take a leap of faith and it did come out great.

TCallas, that brake duct kit is a "trashy" kit and not techart but worked out ok. In person, you can see where they don't line up exactly right, but they do get the job done for cheap. I got them since my car was getting sprayed and could have the shop do them for free. I will switch back and forth w/ stock, I like the long white lights too.

Montreal, I was actually going to take these tips to a machinist and have them polished out. I know the widebody big ovals are hard to get. Any word on the aftermarket ones all you widebody guys ordered?

Roebedo, man, my car was sitting in that shop for 7 months... don't rush them and make sure you get all the details you want done before re-spray. I wish I had them fill the holes for the front plate and not just the bumperettes (don't forget to have that done, I see your bumpers still have them). I should've had the holes filled on the hood too to delete the emblem. Btw, make sure they remove your doors when they paint the car or else you'll get either a nasty tape line on that lip in the front of the door where it tucks under the fender or a lot of rough overspray. My car had no doors, no decklid, no trunk, no roof when it was in the booth. I will post photos in an edit to this thread.

Scat, All my parts are OEM and came from the stealer, I mean dealer.

Also, like TCallas said, I need to reposition my wipers. Does anyone know the correct angle and spacing? Photos anyone? -TIA
Old 01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your car looks FINE!!

Scott
Old 01-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Svaha
Pro

If I were you I'd actually reverse the wipers, if you can bring yourself to do away with the intermittent function on your wipers. The clean view through your front windshield would complete the transformation from the driver's perspective. There is an easy way to reverse the wipers. Remove wiper relay R42 from inside the front trunk. Sitting in the car, use the wiper lever to manually leave the wipers as far as they will go to the right. From the outside of the car, you can then remove and reposition the blades as low as you'd like, in front of the passenger's side instead of your own. Functionality of the 3 speed positions remains, but intermittent is gone. After use you must also manually park the wipers to the right by holding the wiper lever. The unobstructed view ahead is worth this little trouble.
Lookin' Good,
Mark
Old 01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
roebedo
Instructor

Originally Posted by allill
Roebedo, man, my car was sitting in that shop for 7 months... don't rush them and make sure you get all the details you want done before re-spray.
I hear ya.. my car has been there since Oct. I decided to keep the bumperetts. They quoted $600 to have the bumper re-finished to delete them and since I'm having them do some other things I decided to let them stay. Only the drivers side door is getting a re-spray, and it will be off the car since it has'nt arrived from Germany yet!! (long story) , but ther rear fenders will get some love and some brand new "factory super expensive stickers" ... I mean stone guards!

I cant wait to see how it will all turn out with the new wing and all. If it shines like yours all be completely happy! Next on the list is to get rid of my polished twist wheels, and fit something on there with a little less "bling" to it.

Congrats again.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
allill
Drifting

roebedo,

i haven't put the stone guards on yet, what do they cost oem? i'm planning on having the clear armor guys make them for me when i get the rest of the car done.

Quick Reply: no bumperettes... the slippery slope... WIDEBODY 993 S CAB... does my ass look fat?