Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips. (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/325376-a-wealth-of-networking-and-contacts-at-our-finger-tips.html)

dhicks 01-21-2007 10:05 AM

Really good idea, maybe we could get John to start an extra board to house this area......however looks like I am unlikely to be able to help anbody, none of you seem to be Biotech related!!!

I am 20yrs plus in Research, Bus Dev, Technology Licensing, Sales & Marketing, Project Mgmt - in or around the Biotech market including Medical Devices, Cell Culture and Drug Development, currently working on heat activated liposomes for delivery of chemo drugs to breast cancer tumors, .............lived around the world currently in Rockville MD........anybody thinks I can be of any help to them as an information source etc, let me know

ARM993 01-21-2007 11:02 AM

Great thread and some very interesting careers. I'm an operations VP of a 300 bed hospital in central Illinois that serves as the regional trauma center, cancer center, heart center, and neonatal ICU. If you have a problem when your in the region it is the place to go. I run all of the support departments in the organization including engineering, construction, real estate development, materials management, pharmacy, housekeeping, food services, safety and security, transportation, and a few other things. Most of my time the last couple years has been spent planning, constructing and operationalizing major medical buildings. Prior to this I was an administrator at a hospital in Pennsylvania doing a lot of similar things as well as running an emergency department, air medical helicopter, trauma program, and therapy departments. So in short, I'm a generalist that can lead about anything. If you have any questions about how the business side of healthcare works let me know.

Mark in Baltimore 01-21-2007 11:21 AM

I have to say that some of you have some very, very interesting jobs! Not that this is a contest, but, IMVHO, the folks with the coolest jobs (or jobs that I would like to have) so far are:
  • Chris Walrod - (Travels with a Champ Car team with Swift?? What a dream job.);
  • gordo993 - (Fireman and paramedic. 'Nuff said.);
  • subdriver/Mark - (Who wouldn't want to command a sub?);
  • rbeggs - (Wow, great resume! Ghostbusters, Rainman, Lost in Translation, Apocalypse Now...just being a part of one of those films would be a serious feather in the cap);
  • 993_Pilot/Jeff - (Flies planes. 'Nuff said.);
  • traffic53/Mark - (Flies helicopters. 'Nuff said.);
  • hyphenF1/Greg - (Flies jets. 'Nuff said.);
  • CP/Pong - (Creates living and work spaces. I've always had incredible admiration for architects.);
  • B2/Barry Berg - (Design director for Surfing magazine!! How effing cool is that?

Please don't be offended if you're not on the list. These are jobs I would personally like to have and does not mean that you don't have the coolest job in the world or that your worth is defined by what you do. We all know that your car defines your worth. ;)

Stephen Fisher 01-21-2007 11:44 AM

Private equity investor focused on middle-market leveraged buyouts.

artw 01-21-2007 11:52 AM

I am a software engineering manager at a large software company located in the Pacific Northwest. I've been driving my p-car for almost a year now and can still barely wipe the grin off of my face. I am not sure how many pleasure centers are left to stimulate in my brain, maybe I should try out a turbo next.

mglobe 01-21-2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I have to say that some of you have some very, very interesting jobs!

If you only knew how cool being a petrophysicist is, you'd have me on the list too. :roflmao:

:cheers:

Mark in Baltimore 01-21-2007 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by mglobe
If you only knew how cool being a petrophysicist is, you'd have me on the list too. :roflmao:

:cheers:

It has to be 1000 times cooler than being a realtor. :) :D

Mark in Baltimore 01-21-2007 12:06 PM

Kent, you must be busy. You've been a member since Aug 2001 and this is your third post!!! :)

DJF1 01-21-2007 12:06 PM

I have to say that some of you have some very, very interesting jobs! Not that this is a contest, but, IMVHO, the folks with the coolest jobs (or jobs that I would like to have) so far are:
]

So you are saying that my job is not cool? I guess I used to have a cool job! :p :p

Mark in Baltimore 01-21-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by DJF1
So you are saying that my job is not cool? I guess I used to have a cool job! :p :p

Oh, man, I hope I didn't open up a can of worms. :icon107:

Well, let's just say that when Leland Pate posts, he'll be on the list. I believe he does something with demolitions. :rockon:

993C4Smontreal 01-21-2007 12:10 PM

btw....last year, some of my clients had some great success through movie product placement. So if someone has a product or a brand and wanst to get some BIG exposure to a targeted market via hollywood film...I can surely help you out.

hmontaq 01-21-2007 12:19 PM

Afghanistan

I am a 993 wannabe. VW/ Audi owner since 1988 and ready to step up.

Previous POL/ Fuels Air Force 86-95 (Got to watch the boom operator on a KC-135 once. Inflight refueler going TDY). Got out on a hardship discharge when my mother contracted kidney failure (RIP Mom). Worked for a major Jet Fuel reseller from 95-00 (Fuel Mgr). Got promoted to a subsidiary 00-01 (Fuel Mgr) and bought fuel for all ASI and Signature FBO's for you pilots. Thought I had it made with the new house, car, big office overlooking downtown Orlando Fl. when 4 months after Sep 11 I was told the company was letting some people go. My world crashed my credit caved and I floundered looking for anything to get by with my $250.00 a week unemployment. A year later working as the GM for a gyms personal training facility I saw some news about fuel trucks driving to Iraq. One call and I was off to Afghanistan (NOT driving trucks). I am now a civilian contractor and Fuel Mgr. for a German company supporting the troops and been here over 2 years. I just turned 40 last week and stressing about what I will do with my savings to invest in a business. I noticed one person that my help. Anyone have any tips?

Anyone interested in contracting jobs let me know. ha ha. Decent money...

If someone needs a Fuel Mgr. I will be available in a year and a half. ha ha

The 993 will be my welcome home gift to myself. :rockon:

Great Thread...

95FL993CAB 01-21-2007 12:38 PM

Great Thread
I am self employed real estate developer in Central Florida, focusing mostly in single family residential development.
If you want any info about investing in this market, let me know :)
Ron

1997993 01-21-2007 01:01 PM

Kent, you must be busy. You've been a member since Aug 2001 and this is your third post!!! :)

I don't know where the Aug 2001 came from, but been became a member here last fall when i started my 993 shopping.

CP 01-21-2007 01:37 PM

Chuck,

You forgot to mention Master Car Restorer. :thumbup: :thumbup: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It is amazing the diversity of talents here on this board.

CP