Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 PM
obchuck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, a GREAT idea and I'm happy to share as this forum has helped me tremendously over the past year. Thank you all VERY much - sincerely.

I'm a Financial Advisor/Investment Representative/Wealth Manager/Investment Consultant/or whatever the "flavor of the month" or catchy business card title is! Bottom line, help people identify, plan, implement, & monitor investments to reach financial objectives. Sounds vague or overly simplistic but contrary to Freddy's description above (which I AM NOT, NOT, NOT mocking, ridiculing, etc! Nothin' but love Freddy ) While I am a Certified Financial Planner, CFP(r), I have grown weary of the fancy technical jargon/marketing language/overly important sounding verbage of my industry. After spending years @ a major Wirehouse & then a large (HUGE) Bank, I recently joined a new company http://www.mutualfundstore.com/index.asp as a return to basics of sort. I'm excited about a simple philosophy and value statement. There is also a local radio show in major markets across the country if you want to take a listen - Saturdays.

Thank you all again for your input, advice and help over the last year. All the best!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
hyphenf15
Pro

Almost 20 years as an officer serving our great nation in the Air Force. I'm currently attending school in Montgomery and will move this summer to another job. Hope to return to flying fighters, but you can never tell what the Air Force will ask you to do next. My last job was an F-15C fighter squadron commander in Panama City, FL.

Mark - thanks for driving those subs!!

May our military continue to serve all of us and keep us free and safe.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
obchuck
Racer

Oops, some bad writing skills there for a minute - sorry.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
jlb_94611
Rennlist Member

Software engineering profession for egads.. 30yrs - specializing in gps tracking applications.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yet another IT guy here! Working for a large credit card company in the UK developing and supporting card production systems (Mag strip, CHIP cards etc). My job title is Senior System Analyst, but I do a wide range of other IT stuff. Happy to migrate to the US if anyone wants to make me an offer!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:20 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by sidned
Yet another IT guy here! Working for a large credit card company in the UK developing and supporting card production systems (Mag strip, CHIP cards etc). My job title is Senior System Analyst, but I do a wide range of other IT stuff. Happy to migrate to the US if anyone wants to make me an offer!
Wanna move to DC?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Used to be a finance guy in the music biz. Now I'm a rowing coach in the Bay Area.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Program Manager for an engineering company focused on homeland security
Old 01-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

If you need health insurance in KY, I am your man. Been in this particular market for 14 years.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:54 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm......what do I do?<<<<scratching head>>>>> My wife would have you believe I do nothing. But its not what I do now, its what I did before that allows me to do (or not do) whatever I want. I am however a licensed residential general contractor as well as a licensed fuel piping contractor, some would call me a paper contractor.
Let me just say that the above allowed me the ability to position myself to live a passive income lifestyle. I haven't had a "job" in probably 10 years +, but used what I have learned from some key people to provide a comfortable existence for my family (yes my wife works and loves what she does).
Oh and I spend my less than "free time" building DACH pipes for you guys (which I LOVE doing)
Old 01-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

CEO of a company specializing in fiduciary assessments of compliance with standrads for company retirement plan sponsors and in providing employee education to 401k Plan participants. We are fee only - no products, no sales pitch and no commissions - just independent, objective advice. Twenty plus years of experience in financial planning.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:14 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great idea.
I am in the broadcasting business. I host, write, produce, direct TV plus I host on radio and write for newspapers and magazines. My background is 20+ years in radio and TV so I also do voice over work for commercials etc. Most of my work these days is automotive, reviewing cars for TV and print and I'm soon to start a new radio show about cars etc.
If you need any corporate video, or voice work, I'm your guy.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:26 PM
rockwoodfarm
Instructor

20 years as a partner in a large regional insurance brokerage. We specialize in commercial risks; technology, medical products, real estate. Our business is concentrated in the northeast, but we have a number of large clients in the southwest. I run the health and welfare practice, everything that falls into the employee benefits bucket.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

finance options floor trader for 10 years
Local proper account for 5 years on options and futures.
Lately, futures and options broker
electro-mechanical engineering
anything I can do, do not hesitate to pm me.

Last edited by geolab; 09-07-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The things we do! Entrepreneurially minded Los Angeles based attorney who focuses on business affairs, intellectual property, technology, content production and corporate work. Work with a few superstar music artists, filmakers and various media businesses. Also produce films and ran a multimedia centered music company releasing artists and developing digital technology applications. Had a stint as Exec. VP/Corp. Sectretary and West Coast point person for a tech company in Seattle a few years back. Company went south but I never lost my love of the emerald city and have been exploring joining a forward looking Seattle based executive team putting something "of consequence" together ever since. Everyone says I would be nuts to leave sunny LA for Seattle. When the right venture comes along, all they will see is my dust!

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.