993 Forum 1995-1998

993 targa blind problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
a993lad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 targa blind problem

My pal's 993 has got a problem with the sunblind. It's come detached from whatever keeps it in place and retracted onto its spool. So the track or clips or whatever it is that pull the blind to the front of the car are still at the front, but the blind has whizzed backwards and flipped round the spool. If that makes any sense at all.

Anyway he can pull the blind out from the spool, but he can't see what he needs to attach it too unless he opens the glass roof. But to open the glass roof he has to first retract the blind (or in this case the clips that pull the blind out). Which means that when he opens the glass roof, the clips or whatever it is that the blind attaches to is not there. If anyones following this at all, and has any idea how you can open the glass roof but still leave the blind fixings at the front. Or if you know how to reconnect the blnd to whatever it is that pulls it out. Then your advice would be very welcome.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:49 AM
a993lad
Advanced

Oh dear, does nobody know how these targa blinds work.

Perhaps I didn't prase the question very well.

What we're trying to ascertain is how the leading edge of the blind connects to the hooks on each side that propel it forwards, or retract it backwards? And also how to re-attach it if it breaks loose?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to worry. I think many Targa owners are the "early to bed, early to rise" type folk.
Here is an older thread that might apply:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=targa+shade
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
a993lad
Advanced

Thanks Dave,

It looks like Jay faced the same problem as my Targa owning pal. But from what I can see he never posted any info on how to effect the solution.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Marc
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I took mine back to the stealer and had it fixed under warranty - three times. The fourth time I gave up. Its obviously an un-fixable design flaw.

Quick Reply: 993 targa blind problem