Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Do you guys have a "sticky" for recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Jukelemon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys have a "sticky" for recalls?

I don't see it or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

I am having my 993 Cab top motors replaced under the recall. I am sure most of you know of it but it made me think of where to look to see if that was the case.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

jukelemon:

Just FYI. The cab top motors as well as the engine wiring harness need to be replaced. These are 2 different recalls. To find out more use the search option and type in 993 recalls. Many threads on this subject. The search option is on the top tool bar at the top of the page. I know you joined Rlist, and the membership is not active yet, you may have to be a member to use. Not really sure. Try it for all your questions. Most topics have been discussed before.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. Call the dealer in Lexington or Louisville and give the service writer your VIN they will have access to the database and can tell you if the recalls were done. Also a lot of times (not always) on CARFAX (if you ran one) the recalls are listed as "OPEN RECALLS" or "NO RECALLS OPEN" Better to call the dealer to make sure.

Mike
Old 01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Jukelemon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike.

Nice mtg with you. See you Sat.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
jukelemon:

Just FYI. The cab top motors as well as the engine wiring harness need to be replaced. These are 2 different recalls. To find out more use the search option and type in 993 recalls. Many threads on this subject. The search option is on the top tool bar at the top of the page. I know you joined Rlist, and the membership is not active yet, you may have to be a member to use. Not really sure. Try it for all your questions. Most topics have been discussed before.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. Call the dealer in Lexington or Louisville and give the service writer your VIN they will have access to the database and can tell you if the recalls were done. Also a lot of times (not always) on CARFAX (if you ran one) the recalls are listed as "OPEN RECALLS" or "NO RECALLS OPEN" Better to call the dealer to make sure.

Mike
Uhmm, depending on the year, the wiring harness might not need to be done (1995 only, IIRC).

The easiest means to check outstanding recalls is to simply call 1-800-PORSCHE and give them the VIN. They will give you all outstanding recalls and can even let you know what options originally came on the car (this is helpful if you don't have the car in your possession) and can also give you the exact Born-On date of your car.

Quick Reply: Do you guys have a "sticky" for recalls?