Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a DAS Roll bar for a Cab? Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who has a DAS Roll bar for a Cab? Please Help!

I bought a used DAS roll bar for my cab and all the hardware got lost duirng shipping. They want a $100.00 for the two plates and the nuts and bolts. Can anyone out of the goodness of your heart help me out with a list of the hardware, pictures and dimensions of the two plates? I know that it shoudn't be to hard to recreate and save a $100.00 for other toys.

thanks,

Steve
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool Contact DAS-sport...

Look up CDOC in Charlottesville, VA....check out their on-line catalog. They are a big Rennlist sponsor; they'll help you out...why not see if there is anything in their catalog that you need? That will put some "lipstick" on your situation.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 PM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Look up CDOC in Charlottesville, VA....check out their on-line catalog. They are a big Rennlist sponsor; they'll help you out...why not see if there is anything in their catalog that you need? That will put some "lipstick" on your situation.
I didn't see anything on there web site. I know that they sell the Das Sport roll bar. I sent them an email to see if maybe they will sell the parts cheaper than DAS Sport.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Was it insured? Have the sender collect for the replacement cost from the shipper.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
Was it insured? Have the sender collect for the replacement cost from the shipper.
He said it was insured. But his packing job consisted of duck taping the parts to the bar inside cardboard. It can't hurt to try.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

My advise to you is not to skimp on the bolts themselves. I really dont remember what my mechanic used for bolts back in 2001 when I had the DAS on my cabrio, but I remember the bolts alone were something around 40 dollars ( mine came without bolts as it was used). They were made out of very high strength steel. Dont forget that in an accident at the track, God forbid, the bolts and the plates will make the difference... For 100 bucks its not worth it playing around...
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

DAS Sport is now part of CDOC.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

DAS-bars were originally buily by Colin Dougherty out side of Philly. I guess Colin got tired of the winters...of to S. Virginia to found CDOC...big Rennlist sponsor too. Give him a call, buy something, be a customer...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
My advise to you is not to skimp on the bolts themselves. I really dont remember what my mechanic used for bolts back in 2001 when I had the DAS on my cabrio, but I remember the bolts alone were something around 40 dollars ( mine came without bolts as it was used). They were made out of very high strength steel. Dont forget that in an accident at the track, God forbid, the bolts and the plates will make the difference... For 100 bucks its not worth it playing around...
Thanks for advice. I didn't realize the bolts cost that much. That changes everything. The $101.00 doesn't sound so bad now.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Martin S.
DAS-bars were originally buily by Colin Dougherty out side of Philly. I guess Colin got tired of the winters...of to S. Virginia to found CDOC...big Rennlist sponsor too. Give him a call, buy something, be a customer...
Thanks!! I sent them an email but I think they are the one's that quoted me $101.00 in the first place. I will check into the insurance and see what I come up with.

THANKS everyone for the help and advice!!!

Steve

Quick Reply: Who has a DAS Roll bar for a Cab? Please Help!