Sponsored by:

GEICO Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:17 PM
rich c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up GEICO Rocks!

Just thought I would share some good news regarding an insurance company.

After a rock cracked my front windshield, I called Geico to have it repaired under my windshield/glass no deductable coverage. They were willing to send a Safelite representative out the next day to fix it. But after some great advice from Rennlist, I decided to have it done at the dealer. The $tealer cost was $1300 vs Safelite of $750. Geico paid the $1300 no questions asked, even though I used my PCA discount to bring the total paid to $1200.

After waiting a few days for the adhesive to cure, I took to the mountain back roads for a run. About 30 miles into the run, right right rear tire blew out, thanks to 2 drywall screws! Limping back home on the spare, I was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign. So time to call Geico again.

Geico's authorized body shop is at the local Porsche/Mercedes shop. The damage was very slight from the 5mph contact....some spider webbing in the paint and a scratch from the other car's license plate. I'm thinking I'm going to have to argue hard to get a replacement rather than a repair. Well the Geico adjuster looked at it and said replace it all. So new bumper cover, new reflector, license plate lights and a few other bits. All $2800 worth direct billed to Geico.

So... Geico rocks! They were courteous, responed to emails within 24 hours and most importantly PAID the claim to make the repairs to my specifications... no low ball offers or non-OEM aftermarket parts.

I could not be happier. Low rates are good, but how claims are paid is the true test of an insurance carrier in my book.

... and of course no post is complete without a couple of photos!
Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2006, 03:24 PM
2na
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to hear...I recently went away from Allstates...they were give me alot of run around..
I might give Geico a call.

I see you have th new C4S wheels...how much more aggressive do they look over the
regular turbo twist?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:48 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good rates with AIG but I recently (late Oct) had my SUV broken into and the adjuster users words like "cheap, less expensive, cheaper, we will get it down cheap" in getting replacement parts for my stereo and interior in my car. One 1/2 months later, Im still working with the body shop to get the right parts. They keep screwing up and cant do the stereo install prior to getting my interior center counsel replaced. I dont think words like "cheap, cheaper, and save $$" shouldnt be used with customers when getting their cars fixed. After all, its the insurance paying for it not me so I could give a rats *** how much it costs.

My issue with my interior is so simple in getting replaced, a Caveman could do it!! :-) But obviously Im dealing with a body shop with the IQ of a Bassett Hound.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:37 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by rich c4s
After waiting a few days for the adhesive to cure, I took to the mountain back roads for a run. About 30 miles into the run, right right rear tire blew out, thanks to 2 drywall screws! Limping back home on the spare, I was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign. So time to call Geico again.

Geico's authorized body shop is at the local Porsche/Mercedes shop. The damage was very slight from the 5mph contact....some spider webbing in the paint and a scratch from the other car's license plate. I'm thinking I'm going to have to argue hard to get a replacement rather than a repair. Well the Geico adjuster looked at it and said replace it all. So new bumper cover, new reflector, license plate lights and a few other bits. All $2800 worth direct billed to Geico.

So... Geico rocks! They were courteous, responed to emails within 24 hours and most importantly PAID the claim to make the repairs to my specifications... no low ball offers or non-OEM aftermarket parts.

I could not be happier. Low rates are good, but how claims are paid is the true test of an insurance carrier in my book.

... and of course no post is complete without a couple of photos!
I presume the other driver was at fault? Did you contact their insurance company?

Andreas
Old 12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Adam M
Track Day

Originally Posted by rich c4s
After a rock cracked my front windshield, I called Geico to have it repaired under my windshield/glass no deductable coverage. They were willing to send a Safelite representative out the next day to fix it. But after some great advice from Rennlist, I decided to have it done at the dealer. The $tealer cost was $1300 vs Safelite of $750. Geico paid the $1300 no questions asked, even though I used my PCA discount to bring the total paid to $1200.
<snip>
Over the many years I've had windshields replaced too. From Allstate. I have a zero deductible for my cars. You can probably do that with any insurance and it doesn't cost much at all and is far less than what I would have paid in windshields over the years! Everyone should look into it.

Anyway, the first time I had a windshield replaced in my 84 911 it was done by Safelite and I should say the LAST TIME. They did a horrible job. The windshield leaked and they messed up the trim. Years later it got broken again and I had it done by my local performance shop. Allstate covered it even though it was more expensive. So from my experience, NEVER go with the cheapo glass places and always insist in someone who can do the job right. The insurance companies are willing to do the right thing.

My 2 cents worth.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since Geico wanted more than 4x what Progressive did for my motorcycle insurance, it's no wonder they are flush with cash to pay such claims with minimal hassle.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:43 PM
cowtown
Racer

Geico gives radar guns to police departments.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cowtown
Geico gives radar guns to police departments.
And with the money I save by not going with Geico, I am able to afford quality detectors in each of my cars.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 AM
rich c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

2na - I have had the turbo twists 2's for about 6 months and am still unsure I like the look over the originals, although I picked up an extra inch in the rear...to 11"

AOW168435 - yes the other driver was at fault and received a ticket from the attending officer.

Rick - V1....never leave home without it!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:13 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

GEICO was fine for me until my teenaged son got his license. Suffice it to say I saved alot of $$$ by changing.

Quick Reply: GEICO Rocks!