993 Clubsport RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 PM
k00k
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Too bad it's right hand drive though.
Ah yeah, small problem, forgot about that! Hope you have some joy....
Old 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is the photo from Excellence to compare. I'll need to take a more straight on side photo to replicate the one in the magazine. My 968 Turbo is the car from the Excellence article and is one of a kind. I find it spooky how my 951 coincidentally looks like the one from the article considering it's a completely different car and I built it over time without any intention of replicating the one in the article. Maybe it was destiny?

Last edited by SoloRacer; 08-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Nice, I remember reading about that car in Excellence. That'll eat a few 993s for breakfast!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Engine bay photo (yah, I know....it's in the wrong place)

Last edited by SoloRacer; 08-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Peter R.
Pro

It says on the cover of the magazine 'Rare Carrera RS Clubsport'. Maybe this could provide a clue ?

Peter R.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:22 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello SoloRacer,

It is normal not to find many for sale. There were only 107 built yet there were over 300 Cup cars built (same chassis as RSCS with slightly different engine config)

IMO, there are so many differences between a factory RS or RSCS and the "normal" cars that recreation is a time consuming and VERY expensive proposition. For example, where do you source the lightweight glass, or the quicker steering rack, alu trunk lid. Then there are the big reds (disks no longer avail) (I bought a set b4 they went out of prod), the different braking system etc etc.

If you are serious about sourcing a RSCS, the best source WWW is Thomas Schmidt at H & S Automobiles in Telgte in Germany. www.germansportscars.de (Germany has the largest concentration of these cars and he knows most RS's by their first name )

Expect to pay big bucks; the RS's are now collector cars IMO and the RSCS even more so. A std RS now commands 80 K Euros.

Check with the MOT, the car must be 15 years old or more to be allowed in Canada. If I return in Canada, I will not to go back until 2011 so my car can be 15 years old.

I am between contracts at the moment and if you wish assistance, send me a PM. Pleased to help if you need it!! I will drive it in return for arranging a good PPI
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by k00k
Not much help I know, but theres an RSCS for sale here in Oz. As you can see, when you work out the exchange rate, 993's ain't cheap over here...

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/PO...&pp=1&d=0&nv=1

Errr Guys....that car in the picture is not a real clubsport

I know there were 7 rhd commisioned for the UK market (5 left apparently)

Initially it has leather rather than the nomex covered Recaro buckets, also it features a black bolt in cage.....the CS has a body coloured welded in matter M003 cage without carpet or headlining.

Difficult cars to find, I had a regular non CS, 993 RS for a few years and used it as a daily driver and trackday car....when I needed more space for the daily hack it made sense to hunt down a CS.....it took me quite a while to find a good one and I only got to see 3 actual cars in a year and had email details of 2 others which sold before I got to view.

The CS is more of an occasion to drive, but you have to be in the mood, I honestly think a regular 993RS is a better everyday RS to own,,,,,but once you get the CS on track it is astonishing....would I go back....NO!

Thre is of course the investment potential, which is not such a bad thing to justify the fun
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Nice, I remember reading about that car in Excellence. That'll eat a few 993s for breakfast!
It's already handed a Lambo Diablo it's *** on an open highway.........
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

All the RSCS's I've seen in country are club racing in PCA, a lime green, speed yellow, and guards red, however I believe the red one hit the wall at the Daytona race. Maybe track down one of those owners and see what their selling $ is.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Pics I've taken of two of these cars
Attached Images     
Old 12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They look great, I love the green one

mine is unmodified in yellow, Lhd with factory a/c (code 573)

Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When it comes to Euro Cars, you need to go there and check them out yourself before purchasing. Chris
Old 12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monique

If you are serious about sourcing a RSCS, the best source WWW is Thomas Schmidt at H & S Automobiles in Telgte in Germany. www.germansportscars.de (Germany has the largest concentration of these cars and he knows most RS's by their first name )
Thomas is a serious car dealer, I've spoken with him several times and have several references to him (including a RSCS) so if you really want one, he can fix it.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Ok, if you're serious about building a clone, where do you start sourcing the parts. When I called both local Porsche dealers (San Deigo) today they advised me that they don't sell 993 RS parts. One pointed me to PCNA and the other had no clue where to find the parts.

Taking the advice of Tony this weekend (when I caught him out of the crowd) he recommended going with genuine Porsche (RS) parts for the conversion, i.e., short shift kit, sway bars, tranny, nomex seats, aero package, etc.

Problem is, the parts seem to be as difficult to get as the cars themselves??? Where do you find them?

BTW Soloracer - those are two "nice" cars (my son would say "sick")!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by David Ray
seem to be as difficult to get as the cars themselves??? Where do you find them?
Any Porsche dealer in North America can order the parts if they know the part numbers. In my experience the guys working the parts counter and occasionally the mechanics don't realize they can switch to a ROW view of the parts catalog with one mouse click to find the part numbers. When you go through PET look for parts with an option code M002 (RS) or M003 (RS-Clubsport). For transmission parts you want code G50.31 (RS) or G50.32 (RS Clubsport). For engine parts you want to look for engine code M64.20. The easiest way to build a parts list would be to search the Adobe pdf version of the parts catalog instead of the executable program version. Gert@Carnewal can obviously get you anything and probably quicker than anybody. If you are looking for the cheapest supplier try Sunset Imports but it will take upto 3-4 weeks to get anything from Germany unless you pay for expedited shipping. I don't know what Gert charges for shipping but it gets here really quick.

Quick Reply: 993 Clubsport RS