Sponsored by:

Xenondepot update

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
jansan946
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

Where did you buy your plug and play kit please? I'm looking into an HID conversion at the moment and you kit looks like the best alternative to factory Litronic.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Father of 3
Where did you get replacement bulbs from? I figure I should get some to stock when my bulbs ultimately burn out. I've had my lights in my car for over a year with not problems so far.
i got the bulbs from the legend. i think they were $60 per bulb. but his service is terrible. i had to call him a few times. litronics might be $1500-$2000, but i am already >$500 into my "cheap" HIDs and i am sure i will replacing those bulbs before too long (i drive with the lights on most of the time, and i drive a lot).
Old 11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Nagata
Most of the kits sold by these companys for such a low price are those CHINA brand ones. These ballasts over heat and bulbs burn out very quickly. I suggest before you go jumping into expensive factory litronics to spend the extra 100-150 bucks for a German made Hella ballast and re-based H1 Phillips Ultinon bulbs. I've been running my set for 5 years now and not one problem.

With my plug and play kit I did not have to splice any wires. I just took the positive and negative of the old halogen blub connector and plugged it into the supplied harness and viola! Only mod was to cut a slit into the grommet that leads into teh truck to fish the wires through and cut a small hole in the back cover of the headlight adn seal it with the grommet provided with teh plug and play kit. Not one wire was spliced.
do you have a link?

Quick Reply: Xenondepot update