Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone built a Pocher 993 & what detailing tips do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Anyone built a Pocher 993 & what detailing tips do you have?

I've finally managed to track down an unbuilt silver 993 kit in Germany for a bargain price. Does anyone have any tips and recommendations for improvements/ detailing that I can do? Obviously it'll be easier having a full size one to refer to! ;-)

Cheers,

David
Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
jmriggio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you gather any good info please share it with me. I acquired a silver kit as well.

--Joe
Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Tania W
Racer

Hi,
There are several websites dedicated to building Pocher kits. Check out http://hrsmodelcars.tripod.com/pocherporsche.htm and http://www.modellautotechnik.de/xtco...eet-Sport.html if you want to blow the cost of another kit on "extras"

www.tremonia.org sells photo etch add-ons - grilles, wipers, brake discs etc as well as other stuff, and there is a guy on Ebay who sells engine detail kits (which is almost essential as the kit one is so basic)

I've got a whole bunch of stuff but it is such a big project I'm almost getting scared of starting it!

Cheers and good luck!!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi Tania,

Thanks for the links. There is a guy in the US who sells carpet and floor mat kits and the tremonia and modellautotechnic stuff looks pretty good. That other link is pretty good as well. Do you have any lead on the engine detail kit guy? I haven't seen his stuff for a while. It's taken me ages to find this kit and I'm now anxiously waiting for my bank transfer to clear and then for the kit to arrive from Berlin.

Joe - no problem. The two sites that Tania has given links for seem to have the best stuff but I'm sure there are others as well; it's just a case of digging them out. I'd like to see if I can create a turbo nose to match my car; that would be pretty cool!

Cheers,

David
Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey David...I've never heard about Pocher models!!!Amazing...I did a quick search and it appears the company was sold for another model's manufacturer called Hornby...do you know whether or not they made more 993 models (a Cab for instance!)...I only found art # K31...a black coupe...
Old 11-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi Pedro,

If you look through the autotechnic site that Tania gave a link to there is a kit for creating a convertible from a saloon model. The cars were mostly black and some silver with a rare yellow-gold and possibly a rare green version but it's mostly black that seems to come up on Ebay. You can stip them and repaint them any colour you want (I saw an Arena Red one last month and there is a horribly overpriced blue one on Ebay at the moment). So if you fancy a winter project...

Cheers,

David
Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks...I'll dig deeper...really interesting...good luck on your assembly process...
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Yet another slippery slope....
Old 11-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Here you go....
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Tania W
Racer

Hi again,
They guy at Tremonia is named Andre and he was great to deal with...but the parts aren't cheap (but of course neither is the kit now!)
Just looking through the engine detail stuff I bought on Ebay, the guy's name is Marlowe Johnson and his e-mail is marlowemar@aol.com
He also makes "mini-plates"...custom made miniature licence plates from 50 states (and Europe and Canada) in 8 different scales.
The engine detailing kit includes hoses, wires, screws and bolts etc and a detailed set of home-printed instructions, along with colour pics of how to put it all together. It's a "home made" type add-on and not cheap (sensing a theme here) but vastly improves the look of the kit engine.
Cheers.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my 993 I also bought a Pocher kit (black), opened the box, looked at the instructions & some of the parts & closed it up until I had time to build it. I never did & now it's just taking up space in my closet.

What's the market value? Is anyone here interested in purchasing it? I'd rather it go to a Rennlister than dump it on eBay. As always, Rennlist member discounts will apply. Eventually I'll post it in the classifieds.

PM or email me.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Tania W
Racer

I bought the black kit on Ebay for $370US in 2004. From memory, about $100 of that was postage! They sold new here (in New Zealand) for the equivilent of $460US although the exchange rate has changed a bit over the years.
Not sure what they are going for now, but I suspect I may have gotten a bargain!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

The Rennlister f/k/a Dan 96C2

Thank you for bringing back the primate.

Ahhhhh... memories
Old 11-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi Dan,

On Ebay the going rate is about $375 to $400, looking at the last few months. One just went for $315. Silver ones have gone for anything up to a riduculous $750 but normally they are making $500 to $550. They are getting pretty infrequent compared to the black ones. If you asked $375 you would be asking a fair price. I am paying $335 for a silver kit that was only available on the German Ebay site and I persuaded the guy to ship to the UK. As soon as they are not listed on the .com Ebay site the prices can come down quite a lot.

Tania - how does the engine kit from your guy compare to the Tremonia or the other web site? Thanks for the lead.

Cheers,

David
Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dan,

PM sent.

Quick Reply: Anyone built a Pocher 993 & what detailing tips do you have?