Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gap between tail lights and body

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem I have sometimes is that my driver side rear blinkers swings out from the center piece.

I've tightened the screw and made sure that the light is pushed in to the center piece, but it still comes apart sometimes. Luckily the screw holds it in place, but it looks like it could easily break off one day. Might have to put some clear tape where they meet to keep it from swinging out.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
drsh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geolab. that is great, you certainly proved your point, and I for one can't wait to explain this to my P car friends. I will look so knowledgable.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it April 1st already?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:02 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cesar
The problem I have sometimes is that my driver side rear blinkers swings out from the center piece.

I've tightened the screw and made sure that the light is pushed in to the center piece, but it still comes apart sometimes. Luckily the screw holds it in place, but it looks like it could easily break off one day. Might have to put some clear tape where they meet to keep it from swinging out.
Since the turn signal holds on to one screw on the tip, we tend to align the holes to introduce the philips screw.
In fact, try hooking the turn signal to the central rear optic by pushing gently the three pinions in the gromets as far as they can go, slide the turn signal from the back to the fender, and insert the screw, always resting the turn signal on the bumper.
The space or groove between your left turn signal - central optic, and the right one-central optic, should be equal.
If not, if there is a greater space from the driver side, a centering of the middle optic is needed.
If this is the case, take care removing the black plastic band that covers the central optic.
unscrew the plastic screws on top, anti-clockwise a quarter turn and tape them in place to remove the plastic cover. These if not taped will pop off and fall in the engine while removing the plastic cover, ask me how I know.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnypiedras
Is this a design flaw...
uhhhhh...what did you say...

I think my computer screen is crapping out...it put the word "flaw" where someone typed the word "feature"... computers...geezzz...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
johnnypiedras
Rennlist Member

can someone please post a pic of the gap with turn singnal on body, to get an ideal on how big or small it should be.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow

Geo,
can you give us a reference point for this tidbit?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 AM
johnnypiedras
Rennlist Member

MY OPTIC CENTER PIECE IS CENTERED, BUT BOTH TURN SIGNALS HAVE DIFFERENT SIZE GAPS. cAN i SEE SOME PICS PLEASE!

Quick Reply: gap between tail lights and body