993 Forum 1995-1998

clutch fluid

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:38 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts
Default clutch fluid

I've had my C2S for about 2.5 years now and I could see the previous owner had flushed the brake fluid at 2 year intervals, but I could never see that the clutch fluid had been flushed. After reading some posts here I figured it was time to do it. What a difference it made. Much more linear feel without the noticeable '2-stage' or notchy feel it had before. I'd recommend doing it to those who can't remember or tell if its been done.

bill
Old 09-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Bill:

I'm really glad you posted this since you'd not believe the number of cars that come in with clutch/shifting issues from old, contaminated clutch hydraulics.

LOL,..These cars all get excellent, continuous brake maintenance but the clutch system always gets ignored and when finally flushed, its fluid comes out dark brown like old root beer all caused by moisture absorption.

Its a good reminder to flush the clutch hydraulics at LEAST once a year to prevent early slave & MC failures. Twice a year would be great and that will ensure that it releases completely saving wear & tear on the transmission syncros,....

Last edited by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems; 10-01-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch. Now I have a project!!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
These cars all get excellent, continuous brake maintenance but the clutch system always gets ignored...
LOL... only because that bleed nipple lives in the bowels of the beast and is a PITA to reach.

Quick Reply: clutch fluid