Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My Pocher 1/18 Scale 993 Model on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Leeham. The blue 993 Pocher was only made in units of 100. Its a great looking model in the flesh and Id highly recommend buying any colour you can lay your hands on.

I have a transkit for the engine bay which is comprehensive and adds around 80 parts to the model. I have a transkit for the interior which adds about 20 highlights (all etched steel + fabric seat belts etc). There is also an exterior kranskit I have which has edtched steel badge, brake rotors, wiper arms etc. Lastly there are some cast steel brake calipers I have from a seperate transkit.

Making the model was straighforward - came to gether in one 10 hour session. However - there were some real PITA things - like not enough of a certain screw and things not lining up right. I ended up subsequently dismantling it a few times. Then I got the transkits and realised the whole thing will need to be disassembled agian - have decided that one day when all the etched parts are cut out and sanded back etc ill dissasemble it one final time and put everything on at once then rebuild it using some new screws and glue some of the parts together for better fit.

Fun project tho :-)

Macca
Old 10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
leeham
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see it with the transkits installed. Pocher should have done it that way in the first place.

Regards,

LeeH
Old 02-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Just picking up this thread from a while back...

Where did the GT body parts come from? They look really great.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Just picking up this thread from a while back...

Where did the GT body parts come from? They look really great.
Those pics are actually of a UT 1:18, not a Pocher 1:8. However I know someone has made GT bodywork for the Pocher. Not sure if they ever sold them in kits.

Originally Posted by HD-Spez

VIA MODELCARFORUM.DE USER HD-Spez
The thread is over here. Be sure to check out the engine and brakes!

Take care,
Old 02-08-2014, 05:58 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Thanks - the detail on that model is amazing!

Cheers,

David
Old 02-08-2014, 05:38 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FrenchToast

you said, 'I know someone has made GT bodywork for the Pocher" - how do you know?

"Not sure if they ever sold them in kits." - so how would they sell them?

Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by x50type
FrenchToast

you said, 'I know someone has made GT bodywork for the Pocher" - how do you know?

"Not sure if they ever sold them in kits." - so how would they sell them?

Sorry, I see my post was a bit vague. What I mean is, he clearly made the bodywork for his own models. I don't know if he made more copies of that bodywork available for sale or not. He may have just made the few for himself.

The picture and link to the thread is how I know. Hopefully the picture and link are displayed correctly on your browser? Additionally, the base model is clearly a Pocher from how it looks and that he mentions it is 1:8 scale. (The only 1:8 scale 993 I know of is the Pocher kit).

Take care,
Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

I think someone did some resin parts as I did see some bits on Ebay years ago. Time for a 3D print person to step in?...

One of my Pocher 993 kits was thrown over a fence by the delivery guy breaking both "A" pillars. Does anyone have any suggestions for repairing and repainting? I have the Polar silver models.

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: My Pocher 1/18 Scale 993 Model on Ebay